Vantrue N2 powered by USB C (5V)?

VWiD4

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi,

I have a 2021 VW iD4, and it only has USB C type plugs up front - the 12V socket is in the trunk.

Can I power the VanTrue N2 with my 5V USB C port? ID.4 USB-C port: 13W (4.65 VDC @ 2.8 A).

Inference: Only a low/medium power USB-C power source (w/o USB-PD) is installed; apparently a 15W nominal unit.

I’m not sure how much power VanTrue N2 requires. VanTrue N2 has no wifi, no GPS, only two cameras (front facing & passenger facing), so I’m hoping not much power is needed and it can work with a 6ft/2M long USB C to USB C cable. I’m also using one of the two USB C ports in front of car to charge my mag-safe iPhone charger. Anyone know if it is possible to also power VanTrue N2 while phone charging is on?

I’m assuming each of the two USB C ports up front is capable of up to 15W each. There are also 2 USB C ports in the rear for rear passengers. No other USB A type in vehicle. Only one 12V socket in trunk.

Would the 5V USB C port be enough to power VanTrue N2 while the other USB C port is powering my mag-safe iPhone charger?

Thanks for your help! :)

VanTrue N2 has an internal 250mAh 3.7V Polymer Li-ion battery.

So am I correct in thinking that my 4.65 VDC @ 2.8amp (13W) USB C port will be plenty enough to power the VanTrue N2?

Back