Vantrue N4 Pro Review Thread

Updated with testing vantrue new collision detection

Obviously once the battery gets too low and the camera gets cut off you get no recordings no matter what happens - even delayed start ones - so your current measurements across the brands will be interesting. I would also value your opinion when you do the reviews of the 'budget' that should be considered as 'available' from a car battery for dashcam parking modes. This will help folk trade the effectiveness of the different vendors & parking modes with how long the parking mode will be available for before everything dies. Of course it's not just the dashcam that slowly drains the battery - most modern cars have other sources of quiescent current draw...

Last edited:
Obviously once the battery gets too low and the camera gets cut off you get no recordings no matter what happens - even delayed start ones - so your current measurements across the brands will be interesting. I would also value your opinion when you do the reviews of the 'budget' that should be considered as 'available' from a car battery for dashcam parking modes. This will help folk trade the effectiveness of the different vendors & parking modes with how long the parking mode will be available for before everything dies. Of course it's not just the dashcam that slowly drains the battery - most modern cars have other sources of quiescent current draw...
Testing current draw today. I have over 121GB of 4K video footage on my desktop from these 4 4K dash cameras.

Testing current draw today. I have over 121GB of 4K video footage on my desktop from these 4 4K dash cameras.
If I hear you quote milliamps without stating the voltage when the measurement was taken in the video you're gonna drive me to drink. lol
Please for the love, just use Watts.
Here is the formula to convert milliamps to Watts.
Amps x Volts = Watts
Example;
150mA x 12.60V = 1.89 Watts

Don't make me call @Nigel lol
-Chuck

If I hear you quote milliamps without stating the voltage when the measurement was taken in the video you're gonna drive me to drink. lol
Please for the love, just use Watts.
Here is the formula to convert milliamps to Watts.
Amps x Volts = Watts
Example;
150mA x 12.60V = 1.89 Watts

Don't make me call @Nigel lol
-Chuck
I am now exclusively going to quote amps now.
It is 0.253 amps of current.

Now I have to go and re record without watts and ma.

I am going to have so something funny for this section now
Great Scott.
Don’t you dare resort to Gigawatts.
I’ll give you an honorary copyright strike. Lol

Back