Vantrue Nexus 4 Pro 4K 3 Channel Sony STARVIS 2.0 600KM/H In The Sky

It seem to be flying over Dongguan province in China.

My friends GPS NAV unit in the car, some times driving in a forest it would indicate speeds in the same range, but on the road speeds the old 4 X 4 truck would never get to, not even if you threw it out of a plane.

Last edited:
I love life very much, so my cars did not see speeds above 200 Km/h. ;)
The conditions need to be right to drive these speeds for sure. It makes no sense to try to get to these speeds on a 2 lane Autobahn with much traffic.
On a Sunday morning however with a 3 lane road, I see no problem driving this fast.

I once in the 80ties did 280 kmh, while getting drunk.

BUT !!!! it was a French TGV train between Parin and Lyon, and i was just a passenger.

The conditions need to be right to drive these speeds for sure. It makes no sense to try to get to these speeds on a 2 lane Autobahn with much traffic.
On a Sunday morning however with a 3 lane road, I see no problem driving this fast.
At 260kmh (160mph) it's unlikely that großvater und großmutter on their way to Sunday lunch would ever see you approaching in their rear view mirror as they pull out to overtake a slow moving truck. I hope you've got good - very good - brakes!

Hi,

do you have some specs for the Nexus 4 Pro 4K 3 Channel with Starvis 2?
I have seen some other has released a 4K dashcam with sony starvis 2 imx678, but without hdr and they have added a rear cam with 2K.

Hi,

do you have some specs for the Nexus 4 Pro 4K 3 Channel with Starvis 2?
I have seen some other has released a 4K dashcam with sony starvis 2 imx678, but without hdr and they have added a rear cam with 2K.
Vantrue Nexus 4 Pro 4K 3 Cameras Support HDR,I will send you detailed specifications.

If you got some more let me know. I would be interested too.

Are you able to post these public please?
I think these information are relevant for more people. :)
The N4 Pro mass production will be in June and the manual will be posted on the web; since the final manual can be changed, I can send it to you if you need it now.

Thank you for sending the operating manual.
Unfortunately, it does not contain any technical specifications. You can't see if there is High Dynamic Range and which sensor was installed. But I think a meaningful video is much more important. How are the license plates recognized in the dark and how does the front and rear camera of the dashcam behave when you drive in and out of a tunnel. What time does it take to counteract under- and overexposure, or can HDR/WDR compensate almost seamlessly?

If production starts as early as June, is a retail price already known?

The N4 Pro mass production will be in June and the manual will be posted on the web; since the final manual can be changed, I can send it to you if you need it now.
I wanted to know the technical specifications as @muehlstein also wanted.
If that is not possible currently, I guess we wait until the official release.

I would be inclined to guess the SOC is the same as in the N5 ? just pulling 4K + 2 X 1080p instead of the 1440p + 3 X 1080p of the N5 model
It could maybe be if the overhead is there that Vantrue made the N4 PRO 4k and 1440 P on the rear camera, that would be sweet not least if both was starvis 2 sensors

BUT !!!!! i am guessing here.

A good rear camera, at least for Americans in a 1 plate state are a must, CUZ a capture by the rear camera is all they get a chance at on a oncoming car with the plate in the back.

The Nexus 5 model has a Sony STARVIS 2 IMX675 sensor which has 5MP and cannot shoot in 4K.
So the Nexus 4 PRO will most likely have a Sony STARVIS 2 IMX678 sensor that has 8MP and can shoot in 4K.

Back