Vantrue S1 Pro Structural Design

I should know in the next couple of days. Just ordered this as I have a need for a USB-c to USB-c cable anyhow for something else so spent a couple dollars more to get a 4K video certified one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B0BNW5CS1B
Gotta watch those higher watt cables that use an echip.. I know they wont power on a viofo cam Ive tried with an anker 100w cable with usb 2.0 data transfer, and tried with cables matter usb 4 100w cable with 20gb of data transfer.

Gotta watch those higher watt cables that use an echip.. I know they wont power on a viofo cam Ive tried with an anker 100w cable with usb 2.0 data transfer, and tried with cables matter usb 4 100w cable with 20gb of data transfer.
Totally understand. As I said, I needed a cable for something else so it was just a couple dollars more for this one. If Vantrue is doing something 'off the wall' with the pin connections or have a proprietary chip then all bets are off. However if the cable does work then "This cable is custom made" could be nothing more than heavier gauge wire to allow for the length necessary without too much signal degradation.

We'll see and I will post the results.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yo Jeff,
I know you did not mean any harm but Retailers / Manufactures are no longer allowed to post links to their products, or websites.
See here;

I'm going to report your violation so @DashCamMan can delete your post.
The reason I'm bringing this up is because I reported @ElsaNS7 for the same violation, and it would not be fair if the rules were not applied fairly to all.
-Chuck

Last edited by a moderator:
We are still actively working on external 4G connectivity for remote monitoring, intercom functionality, and AI-powered parking surveillance

(Coming Soon - stay tuned for updates!)

We invite you to share your insights about the Vantrue S1 Pro dashcam in this forum.

How is the 4G coming along?

Doesn't look like it is available in Australia yet?
1695118263898.png

If Vantrue are trying to create a stealthy dashcam why do they keep putting this large ring around the front camera?

The S1 claimed "Hidden Design: The compact size will not obstruct the view, but provides clear imagines or videos."

Does Vantrue really believe that it is hidden? Compare it to the Viofo A119V3 which has been around for awhile now.

PHOTOS NOT TO SCALE.

1695120709213.png1695120772250.png1695121016905.png

How is the 4G coming along?

Doesn't look like it is available in Australia yet?
View attachment 67613

If Vantrue are trying to create a stealthy dashcam why do they keep putting this large ring around the front camera?

The S1 claimed "Hidden Design: The compact size will not obstruct the view, but provides clear imagines or videos."

Does Vantrue really believe that it is hidden? Compare it to the Viofo A119V3 which has been around for awhile now.

PHOTOS NOT TO SCALE.

View attachment 67615View attachment 67616View attachment 67617
Going for eye of Sauron mentality where it can keep an eye on EVERYTHING

Totally understand. As I said, I needed a cable for something else so it was just a couple dollars more for this one. If Vantrue is doing something 'off the wall' with the pin connections or have a proprietary chip then all bets are off. However if the cable does work then "This cable is custom made" could be nothing more than heavier gauge wire to allow for the length necessary without too much signal degradation.

We'll see and I will post the results.
This cable works to attach the rear camera to the front!!!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B0BNW5CS1B

Just tested it. The main camera powered up, the rear camera powered up, no error messages, and the rear camera image appeared in the main camera screen. Haven't checked the actual recording on the card but there was no indication there was anything amiss. Now to find a 16' cable with the same specs and moving from car to car will be easier. (I guess the only thing 'custom made' is the 90 degree connecter and the length.)

Re: USB-C - I have a bunch of devices with USB-C power input that won't turn on from a USB-C power supply, they instead require a USB-A to USB-C cable. Annoying.

The S1 Pro does not power on when a standard USB-C cable is connected to a USB-C power supply.

Back