vantrue upgraded N1 recording problem

bassfanatick

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I have a problem with the recording on my vantrue upgraded N1 that I just got. Basically it will stop recording on its own at 3.99gb, I tried to format the card in NTFS, or exFAT but the camera does not recognize the card after formatting to those. I turned of loop recording because I just want it to record straight until the card is full. Is this a limitation with the camera? Please help, thank you.

firmware version : vtn16h.v1

4GB is the maximum file size allowed with FAT32. Some cameras will start a new file when that limit is reached and others won't. Sounds like yours is one that won't.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for your answer, guess I have to return it for the G1W then, thank you.

Not sure if a G1W will do what you want. It's an issue with the FAT32 file system and that's what almost all dash cams use. Some cameras may work with exFAT, but that's probably difficult to determine beforehand.

The G1W series are produced by multiple manufacturers so what works with a camera from one source may not function the same if produced by a different facility.

Thank you everyone for your answers, I just downloaded the new firmware and will try it out soon to see if that will fix the problem. I like this camera but not its recording limitation.

it's not a limitation as such, it is meant to be set to loop, why they have an option to disable that function I don't know

You can use registrator viewer ( i think it work with the N1 footage ) to assemble your shorter clips to 1 big file, it take less then 5 clicks of the mouse to do.
And if the N1 have a small file overlap on the files it create "RV" can remove that too.

Dont fear all the small clips, its so easy to make them into one large file in post production, off course if you use movie maker or similar software its a pain in the ass.
But registrator viewer automatic detect the card in your card reader or camera, and automatic bundle up your files into the sessions of driving you have made.
So you just have to highlight the session you want to save and "RV" will output that as one long seamless file.
"RV" will also preserve the original file format and bitrate of your footage, so no IQ go lost in that process.

You can DL Registrator Viewer here https://streetguardian.info/support
Sadly there is no ongoing support as the guy that made it was killed in traffic, but it still work fine with a wide range of dashcams.

You can use registrator viewer ( i think it work with the N1 footage ) to assemble your shorter clips to 1 big file, it take less then 5 clicks of the mouse to do.
And if the N1 have a small file overlap on the files it create "RV" can remove that too.

Dont fear all the small clips, its so easy to make them into one large file in post production, off course if you use movie maker or similar software its a pain in the ass.
But registrator viewer automatic detect the card in your card reader or camera, and automatic bundle up your files into the sessions of driving you have made.
So you just have to highlight the session you want to save and "RV" will output that as one long seamless file.
"RV" will also preserve the original file format and bitrate of your footage, so no IQ go lost in that process.
The problem is that people turn off loop recording because they don't want the camera to overwrite the old files, not because they want all the recordings in a single file.

Back