Shini99

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The case was like this, I wanted to sleep in the car, but after hearing the mount and Vantrue N1 Pro Mini fall down. Well…The dashcam stopped charging thru the mount, but was working perfectly fine through the device itself. I of course thought it was the amazing chance to upgrade the mount since it was with (USB Mini) and instead get an OBD adapter with (USB C) + newer mount for N1 Pro Mini. Everything was good until I realized. My dashcam is 2022 ver so on marketplaces like amazon/ebay and I’find the mount for updated N1 Pro 2023 (USB C).

P.s I’v already got OBD-USB C adapter

So I'm wondering what should I do? I certainly have a few ideas, but it's best to consult those who know best.

A. Buy an adapter from OBD - USB C to USB Micro B. So the mount won’t play any role of charging and directly with the adapter from OBD to the camera will charge. {Here I’m a little afraid of whether I’ll kill the car or the camera?}

B. Show the camera to the master, there is a possibility that the socket itself could be damaged {I’ll do it anyway}

C. Try my luck and buy a new mount. I mean, what's the worst that can happen? {Prepare yourself for 12.12.2012 v.2}

Links:
1. VANTRUE 10ft Type C USB OBD: https://www.vantrue.net/product/obd_cable_for_x4S_n4_n2S_e1
2. Old Vantrue mount
3. New Vantrue mount

Back