Vauxhall Astra 2011 hardwiring A129

De Mote

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, got myself an A129 Duo Dashcam and the 3 cable hardwire kit. I’ve installed it today, and seems ok apart from the fact that I can’t seem to find a fuse that is only live when the ignition is on.

33CC9F67-88C4-429E-8617-E50D719E5A9E.jpeg

Currently I’ve wired into 14 for the permanent live. However, I can’t seem to find another fuse that is only live when the ignition is on. For now I’ve put the second cable into 6, strange thing is that when the ignition is off the front power outlet gets no power (however, it seems to be live all the time). Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Well at the moment, I do not have parking mode working. However, the cam is great; got to say the video quality looks good. Now I just need to workout the correct fuses. Think that I will be spending my Friday lunch investigating. Will try moving the connections around see where I get too.

When I checked 4 & 7 both seemed to have perm power, but now I'm wondering if it was because I had the door open..... Not got a clue on this one

When I checked 4 & 7 both seemed to have perm power, but now I'm wondering if it was because I had the door open..... Not got a clue on this one
Some cars have them on a timer, eg 10 minutes after the door closes.

Some cars have them on a timer, eg 10 minutes after the door closes.
That would explain it, looks like Friday lunch will be sat in my car testing fuses :)

Well, spend 30 hour or so over lunch trying to find the correct fuse and failed. Got into the car, and closed doors. Waited till all internal lights had gone out, and still all the fuses had a permanent live

Well, spend 30 hour or so over lunch trying to find the correct fuse and failed. Got into the car, and closed doors. Waited till all internal lights had gone out, and still all the fuses had a permanent live
Does your lighter/accessory socket turn off when parked?
If so then you can connect to the back of that, although it may not be as simple as inserting a fuse tap...

yep it does, prob is getting all the panels off to access it. Not sure that I want to go to that extent :(

It's due for a service in April so I may ask the garage about it then.

Can you get to the engine compartment fuse box with a cable?

Might be better to ask on an Astra forum!

Can you get to the engine compartment fuse box with a cable?

Might be better to ask on an Astra forum!

True, but not being a petrol head, I would now know one :|

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Dash Cam Discussion 1