Veckle 0906 parking guard not working

@Rayman.Chan, please consider selling a right angle connector that would work with the 0906 in parking guard mode. Like I mentioned, it would make the wiring look a lot nicer.
+1 other users mention this to us also[/QUOTE]

There would be a larger market for these than just 0906 owners which might make the effort more worthwhile ;) It's tough to find this kind of item unless you know something about USB wiring which many casual dashcam users know nothing of.

Phil

When the voltage is set too low and the parking guard module stop supplying current to the cam, i.e., the trip voltage set to 12.4V and the actual voltage is set to 12V, the current draw is 14mA (168mW).

I have measured very similar current when my hardwire kit is in "off state" voltage below threshold, camera is not recording.
Have anybody manage to fix this excessive current draw?
Is my hardwire kit broken?

Without access to the datasheet associated with the regulator the actual stand-by current of it is unknown. So, it may be wrong to say the current draw is excessive if the current draw is within the design spec.

@tinman if you type "0906 hardwire" into Aliexpress search you can only find one type of module and I have this one.
I asked all sellers about current draw in off state and they either don't know or don't want to answer.
Not sure if any other hardwire kit will be compatible with mini 0906

If you are really that adamant on finding the standby current, take apart the module then search for each part's datasheet. This will give you the most optimistic stand-by current.

As for compatible, if the kit requires 3 wire, then it would most likely work. Anything with 2 wires would not be.

Yes it has 3 wires "always on" "acc" "gnd" and current is always drawn from "always on". Before I take it appart I am trying to gather some info about other people values and it looks like you (@tinman ) had very similar value. It would be cool to know how it should work from manufacturer but I didn't manage.

the hardware kit take power from "always on" wire, the ACC wire is just for ignition status.

here is the spec of the step down DC-DC converter

Back