Very brilliant light in 312GW display

splinternet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had a 321GW for a few years and had no problems with it. Just lately, I've noticed sometimes when driving that the display seems to be dazzled, as if the car was pointing directly into the sun. Today, I drove for an hour along the M40 towards London, for the first 10-20 minutes the display was showing as normal, but after this it was as though a bright torch was pointing towards it. (there was 100% cloud cover today so the position of the sun didn't come into the equation). On the way back this afternoon, the display was as normal. Interestingly, and I don't know if this is a clue or a red herring, there was no footage recorded on the SD car for the whole journey down, and halfway back until I had stopped at M40 services.

Hello,

This is an interesting one that I haven't heard before. Does the bright light also show on the recorded footage from the time? Or is the footage completely missing when it happens?

What firmware verison is your 312GW on please?
1) Turn the Dash Cam on
2) Stop it recording
3) Press the Menu Button Twice to enter the Setup Menu.
4) Scroll down to ‘System Info’
5) Look at the Firmware number RXX.XX

What brand, size, model and class of SD card are you using please?
When and where was the SD card purchased please?
How often is the card usually formatted please?
Have you tried using a different SD card please?

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Hi Millie,

the firmware is NBDVR312GWA - R06.4

Answers to your question...

What brand, size, model and class of SD card are you using please? - SanDisk Ultra Plus 32GB MicroSD speed 10, V10 HC I (video speed V10) A1
When and where was the SD card purchased please? - Probably from Currys about 2 years ago
How often is the card usually formatted please? - I haven't formatted it since the dashcam was installed
Have you tried using a different SD card please? - no

Regards,
Guy

Hi Guy,

Thanks for your response.
Please bring your camera inside your home and power it using the USB cable.
Then remove the SD card from the dashcam and then press the reset button on the underside of the dashcam. Power the camera on and ensure it's getting power from the USB. Then leave the camera on.
If you leave it on for a few hours, does the screen show a 'dazzled' image at any point please? The camera will not be able to record during this period as the SD card will be removed.

If it doesn't occur again, it may well be worth trying a new SD card.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Hi Millie, I've done all you suggested, also I reformatted the SD card. I'll now keep close watch on the display and as soon as I see the bright dazzling light again, I'll see what has been recorded and give you an update. Regards, Guy

Back