Very disappointed with the Git2

Youhou, i did it!
I've tried different focus distance but i face a new and unexpected problem : the depth of field of this sensor+lens seems to be quite shallow. I thought i could get a closer focus distance without affecting the objects beyond a meter or two but it seems if i choose to focus on short distance, i get out of focus objects beyond two or three meters.

In a way, the fact the depth of field is short is nice and can be used to create beautiful effects / bokeh. What would be great is the ability to change the focus distance withoud having to open the box, directly when filming.
Is there an adaptor to achieve this ?

Another question, is there a way to shallow the field of view ?
Good :)

The original focus distance for the Git2 is somewhere between 2 to 3 meters. I have also tried to focus it at 0.8 meters, give great closeup details but looses background focus.

What is the hyperfocal distance of this sensor+lens ? This would be the perfect setting.

I think i will try to modify a little bit the case to add a small piece of plastic that would allow me to turn the lens without opening the case, so that i will be able to change the focus while filming.
That would be awesome.

What is the hyperfocal distance of this sensor+lens ? This would be the perfect setting.

I think i will try to modify a little bit the case to add a small piece of plastic that would allow me to turn the lens without opening the case, so that i will be able to change the focus while filming.
That would be awesome.

There are some lens specs on gitup's website, you should also make a kind of marking where the camera is focus close or far, as you risk of having it completely unfocused and ruining the shot. It may also be an idea to focus it far (2-3 meters) like it's stock and use a macro / closeup lens which can just be put on.

Great news : i've refocused my camera and found the perfect setting for my use. Focus is now much closer with little to no effect on far objects.
I'm very happy with my settings.

Two new questions :
- Is there a way to forbid the cam to switch from 60 fps to 30 fps when light lacks ? I would much prefer having an increase of noise and to keep 60 fps rather than keeping noise to a low level but with a huge drop in framerate. Is it a setting in the firmware ? Could this setting be added in the next updates ?
- Is there a setting to shallow the FOV even more ? I find it sometimes perfect, sometimes way too wide

Thanks

1920x1080 px is 2 million pixels while the sensor has 16 million (for photo, i don't know for video)

To preserve quality with narrow FOV and if 60fps is not a must, you can use the 2K option, with the FOV crop or Gyro crop when you edit your video just scale it to 1080p. You will get much better results ;)

Back