Very poor experience with Viofo, looking for alternatives

gifand

Reaction score
Country
United States
I had a bad experience with several Viofo A139s (a few more details here: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/really-tired-of-the-problems-with-this-junk.49567/post-600556)

I'm looking to replace my setup.

I'd like to have front and rear cameras.
I'd like them to be 2k/QHD, if possible.
I'd like them to have capacitors.
I'd like them to have a decent warranty (at least a year).
I'd like to be able to connect to my phone to download the videos.
I need to have a reliable parking mode, that will reliably capture a stalker who both walks and drives by the car.

I'd like to stay below $350 if possible (up to $500 ok, though).

I basically want this thing to work reliably, and do what it says it will do, for at least several years, without a lot of trouble.

I had a bad experience with several Viofo A139s (a few more details here: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/really-tired-of-the-problems-with-this-junk.49567/post-600556)

I'm looking to replace my setup.

I'd like to have front and rear cameras.
I'd like them to be 2k/QHD, if possible.
I'd like them to have capacitors.
I'd like them to have a decent warranty (at least a year).
I'd like to be able to connect to my phone to download the videos.
I need to have a reliable parking mode, that will reliably capture a stalker who both walks and drives by the car.

I'd like to stay below $350 if possible (up to $500 ok, though).

I basically want this thing to work reliably, and do what it says it will do, for at least several years, without a lot of trouble.

Update - I have purchased a Thinkware U1000 and hope that it is significantly more reliable than the A139 Viofo units.

any update what you think of your u1000? thanks
I like it. And I am not sorry at all that I got it.

I miss the inside camera, but I like the reliability. No reboots, it just seems to work.

The driving sensors (lane changes, stopping distance, etc.) are less reliable.

But the camera just seems to work, and become invisible in daily life, which is what one wants it to do. Like, just do your job, reliably, consistently, and silently, and I'll let you know if/when I need you, kind-of-thing.

The only thing I wish I could change is having the lady speak everytime I got in the car. There is currently no way to shut her up. It is annoying and was initially a source of frustration, but I think I have largely blocked her out now. I do notice from time to time, but there's nothing to be done about it.

Back