"VF300W" from FoxOffer (Pics, videos, box)

runtohell121 said:
niko said:
First looks OK, but youtube is compressing files, so it is not good place to make a judgement. Yes, dropbox raw file would be good idea.

Need to wait a bit.. Hoping it actually didn't fail the first time and it's just still uploading since it says "1 second" for like 10+ minute already but the bar is moving.

Which file sharing website do you use ?

niko said:
runtohell121 said:
niko said:
First looks OK, but youtube is compressing files, so it is not good place to make a judgement. Yes, dropbox raw file would be good idea.

Need to wait a bit.. Hoping it actually didn't fail the first time and it's just still uploading since it says "1 second" for like 10+ minute already but the bar is moving.

Dropbox. Link is a post above yours.

runtohell121 said:

Dropbox. Link is a post above yours.[/quote]

OK, sorry did not pay attention in a hurry.

runtohell121 said:
Night video.. I don't know what I can really say about it... will post dropbox link later since it failed uploading first time :/

looking at your raw file I'm not sure the result is consistent with the specifications, I have an LS300W here that seems to do better at night, maybe some environmental influences, different street lighting etc, the bitrate is a bit lower but I'm not sure that's enough alone to make much difference, I couldn't be certain but it looks to me like it may have different optics to the DOD version, don't get me wrong it's still doing an acceptable job that is probably consistent with the price paid, there's always a value/quality balance you need to make (aka, you only get what you pay for) and for $90 delivered I think it's a good value proposition and wouldn't be unhappy with the results

Hey guys, just got around to installing my dashcam a few days ago, unfortunately I haven't yet had an opportunity to drive at night, so I haven't got any footage for that yet.

Unfortunately since I live in Australia, it takes me a good 80 or so minutes to upload a 3 minute clip in 1080p :(

Raw File: https://www.dropbox.com/s/v8hyjpj9mxgq81p/13440011.MOV

Hopefully more footage with different lighting conditions to come soon.

- Vincezor

Last edited by a moderator:
^Looks pretty good. Hope there will be some night shots.

Vincezor , I live in South Eastern Australia and I have the Shadow GT300W.I don't know if it is this time of year with the sun low in the sky but I get a lot of windscreen reflection as you have in that clip.

fatpanda said:
Vincezor , I live in South Eastern Australia and I have the Shadow GT300W.I don't know if it is this time of year with the sun low in the sky but I get a lot of windscreen reflection as you have in that clip.

it's a by-product of the design, the further the lens from the windscreen the larger the reflection problem

jokiin said:
it's a by-product of the design, the further the lens from the windscreen the larger the reflection problem

Yeah, my dash cam ends up being mounted quite low (under the rear-view mirror) due to the large mount, and the fact that the suction mount doesn't stick too well to the black-dotted part of the windscreen. I am still looking for some alternatives, probably a smaller mount. I really want to get it mounted behind the rear-view mirror so that it will be closer to the windscreen and also be a bit more hidden.

Vincezor said:
jokiin said:

Yeah, my dash cam ends up being mounted quite low (under the rear-view mirror) due to the large mount, and the fact that the suction mount doesn't stick too well to the black-dotted part of the windscreen. I am still looking for some alternatives, probably a smaller mount. I really want to get it mounted behind the rear-view mirror so that it will be closer to the windscreen and also be a bit more hidden.

Maybe my ideas will help you to mount it as close to wind-shield as possible:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2167

To remove or reduce glare you can learn from "Sebe" DIY project:
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1440&start=80

runtohell121 said:
Sunny/Cloudy day, back road/countryside driving
Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t17l5eteh0apuom/12100009.MOV

To me, it is still pretty washed out and the auto white balance doesn't seem to do a good job in my opinion.

coming from a knockoff version of ls300w , it´s looks ok man.
can´t expect it be pair quality of ls300w/gt300w.

Pretty good video for the price you paid I think. Let's hope it will be trouble free.

Comparing raw video files of VF300W to those RAW video files I filmed with my LS300W, GT350W, GT450W, I must say its a fairy good quality.
Maybe slightly less colours, but who cares, - most important to get main / basic action on the road for proof in case on accident: image is clear and details are sharp enough.
Overall picture quality I could say about 10-15% nosier than other models mentioned above due to 12Mbps vs 15Mbps and its justified here, so nothing to complain. So paying 20% less than GT300W and getting the result you have shown in RAW files, - I think it's good purchase: quality vs price.

Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted in so long, been tied down with uni assignments and what not.

Anyway I have finally been able to get some footage at night/other conditions, and have uploaded them to youtube:

Overcast/Rainy
Raw Footage: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lhv0dmnucgmmh ... 0004.MOV?m

Night Time - Suburban
Raw Footage: https://www.dropbox.com/s/iko6gaqri33x3bi/19210020.MOV

Some thoughts about the night time video. I'm not sure how to describe it, however it seems as though the camera picks up a lot of the street lights, brake lights and traffic lights and makes them huge glowing balls. No idea what part of the camera does this, could anyone enlighten me? Although its not TOO bad in the video I uploaded, it can get pretty bad especially when in undercover parking (I will post a still photo of one tomorrow sometime)

However in the overall scope of things, I am pretty happy with the price point of this particular dash cam, the quality is pretty good for its price ($90USD) so I can't really complain.

I will try to find some areas where there aren't so many street lights, maybe some quiet residential areas or something and post the footage whenever I get it. If anyone else wants to request any other weather conditions, feel free to let me know and I'll do my best.

-Vincezor

I noticed same "gloving ball" effect from my dash cameras when inner wind-shield was dusty or foggy, or if wind-shield from outside has multiple tiny sand-chips, tiny scratches, wear, etc, - this all affects how outer lights ( especially at night ) reflects / diffuses on your wind-shield. Hope you know what I am trying to say ?
My proposition: wait for good weather night, with no rain. Find one street or rout that you can repeatedly drive. Make first drive / recording with dash camera installed inside the car. Then drive back to the starting point and mount dash camera outside the car ( I know it might be challenging, but just try ). Now record same rout again. Later at home you can compare two recordings and make conclusions if its wind-shield thats creats a "glovin-ball" effect.

luxuries4millionaire said:
Thank you, this dashcam seems very good for night video.

There are better dash cams out there, but if we take this price ( 90usd ) vs da / night video quality vs overall package that dash cams packs in it, then at the moment it top choice.

Back