Vico-Opia 2 No Picture not Recording

mic2134

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just recently my three-year-old Vico-Opia 2 stopped recording. I tried a new SD card and still nothing. If I turn it on I can go through all the different menus and I even tried factory default and still nothing. Any ideas on how I can get it working so I don't have to buy a new camera? Thank you, group!!

Welcome to the forum mic2134.
I dont have any experience with this old brand, TBH i dident even know they still exist, but they had some following in the old days.

Have you tried to flash the firmware or upgrade it, doing that once fixed a SG dashcam i was having some issues with.
You can also try a hardware reset if there is a way to do this, often a little hole where thru you can press a button to reset it.

Yeah, I just tried their website and their website address is wrong. I think they sold their website address. Maybe someone will chime in with information concerning the latest firmware. By the way, I looked at my camera, there are only ventilation holes. Thanks, for checking!!

If there the reset hole are normally a very small one like 1 mm / Euro unit, so even a tooth pick will be too large.
I see the Russian boys have done some modding on firmwares with this camera, maybe @Falsificator can be helpful with a DL link to one of those.

Since your last post I took a paperclip and poked around in all the vent holes I could find and haven't felt anything spring-loaded that would at least identify as a reset button.

Tomorrow I will check out the link you provided. Thanks again!!

I highlighted falsificator so he get a notification when he come on the forum, those Russians poke around, and often wrestle extra performance out of cameras.

Oh, I'm sorry I thought it was a link. Okay, I will hang in there and hopefully, they will chime in and help me with a link to get my camera running again. Thank you again so very much!!

Falsificator, Thank you for the download link. I see 8 links. Which one should I download?

I tried to DL the bottom one ( november 2017 ) , it seem to have the same firmware in 2 flavors, i assume the one are a factory version, and the other one the guys have modified for better performance.

At least both folders hold a .bin file, which is the one you need to put on a memory card to do the upgrade.

Today I put the updated V2.9 firmware in my two OPIA2 cameras today. The old firmware I had was V2.6. The rear-facing camera was working fine before I uploaded the new firmware today. However, even though I uploaded the new firmware to the front-facing camera it is still not capturing any video. The front-facing camera does record audio but again it will not record any video. Any suggestions?

Just so that I say this now, after installing the new V2.9 firmware I did format the SD cards and returned the cameras back to factory settings. Thanks!

Back