VicoVation TF2+ Review

Milamber

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
A129 Pro Duo
First of all I'd like to thank DashcamMan for this awesome resource with the website and forum, over the course of 2013 I have purchased various cameras from South Korea, China and Taiwan to find the best camera for my needs. The cameras that I have owned to date have been:

• FineVu CR500
  • Pittasoft BlackVue Wi-Fi DR500GW-HD
  • GS8000
  • ITB-100HD
  • Jokiin's Dashcam

So if anyone would like to ask questions so far as comparison goes then feel free.

The VicoVation-TF2+ is the latest development from Taiwan and is the successor to the TF2 Premium; it has two new important functions, the 160-degree super wide angle lens, as well as Vico-Schedule. This camera was introduced in Taiwan just 3 weeks ago and thanks to Quality Dash Cams and forum member Quality Dash Cams I was able to accquire one instantly since they are the official Australian Distributor.

Vico-Schedule can be enabled through the system's built-in option, when a specified time is selected, it will trigger pre-configured settings this automatically switches between different shooting modes making night recording much sharper and brighter. The camera comes with a suction cup frame, stick-frame, and the frame of the quick release bracket accessories, there are four kinds of installation. During the night recording the TF2+ with WDR and 3D noise reduction effect, offers clear and sharp images because of the high and low light contrast exposure.

VicoVation is a very square looking dashcam a common design with Taiwanese cameras, the camera is solid with a very good feel to the chassis it certainly doesn't feel cheap. When the camera is first powered up, the LCD display shows a grid on the liveview which is used to assist in aligning the camera against the dash of the vehicle; this is a great idea since the camera can often be offset. One of the reasons I will be sticking with VicoVation is the customer service! I never experienced such a prompt response from any manufactures customer service dept like VicoVation and we are talking email replies within the hour, regular firmware updates have also been promised. The camera outputs a very high bit-rate which is evident in the video footage another postive when needing to identify vehicle plates. What frustrated me the most with FineVu and Pittasoft BlackVue was the low bit rate and poor vehicle registration plate visibility, the camera was also needing some serious improvement with the mic clarity as well on both of those brands.

VicoVation Positives

• Customer Service
  • Day time video quality
  • Microphone Sensitivity
  • Solid Design
  • Mounting options
  • Price
  • 85°c Storage and 75°c Operational Temperature

VicoVation Negatives

• No GPS
  • Camera is very visible (subject to individual taste)

I will be posting feedback in the Owner Feedback on Vendors section on Quality Dash Cams for anyone interested in purchasing VicoVation.

DSC_0271.jpg

DSC_0478.jpg

DSC_0822.jpg

DSC_0158.jpg

IMG_20130410_212429.jpg

bitrate.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Milamber,

Thanks for the review. The day video looks fine but I was expecting better night video, especially since there is a decent amount of ambient light. Can you post the original file somewhere? Perhaps Youtube is reducing the quality.

You listed Customer Service in positives. Have you had to deal with them already?

You say bit rate is very high, what is it please?
Thank you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

DashCamMan said:
Hi Milamber,

Thanks for the review. The day video looks fine but I was expecting better night video, especially since there is a decent amount of ambient light. Can you post the original file somewhere? Perhaps Youtube is reducing the quality.

Hi, I will upload a video soon via my dropbox storage.

jamesbcd said:
You listed Customer Service in positives. Have you had to deal with them already?

I contacted them straight away asking for a release date of the TF2+ as well as the Australian Distributor, English firmware updates and benefits of WDR Schedule etc.

If you can post some comparison with Vico and another camera you have, will be nice.
I think your night video is not OK also because you have some dust on the windshield.

Regarding Vico-Schedule will be nice to park the car somewhere where are cars parked and not leaving, set your night hour for example at 9PM. At 8:59 start the recording until 9:01PM for example and in this time you can turn off and on the lights. And in these 2 minutes to see how the settings are changed and how are helping your video.

Until now this is the most interesting feature for me.

enjoy,
Mtz

Added bitrate screenshot to main post, here is a cloudy day with rain video:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Milamber

Nice review. I have a question, are there gaps between the files or is the video seamless.

Back