Video quality

whatever

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Lukas 7950WD
I've got the camera installed few days ago.

Turned it on and just let it record with the default settings. The video quality was distorted and pixelated. Isn't anywhere near proclaimed HD.
I thought ok, let tinker with the settings - get the latest firmware FI17, set the video to the highest quality for both cameras and had another recording session.
I can't see any difference - the video quality is still quite poor - you can't read any number plates unless both cars are stationary. In event of an accident you may not be able to get the number plates at all.
In fact it feels the rear camera seems to be producing slightly better quality than the front...

Is that the quality everyone has too?

front:

rear:

settings:
upload_2016-2-23_23-21-16.png

front:

rear:

settings:
View attachment 21126
Hey,

Would you be able to upload a actual video file. Just the font is fine.
The Vimeo compresses the videos, so it really hard to say what its going on here. (example, the text at the bottom of the above video is distorted)

Hey bro. Your setting is fine in the Lukas viewer. Can you show any video capture's photos that is more closer on the car license plate.
-And can you tell me what kind of computer or laptop you are using, because sometimes your computer's chips can support to very extreme HD picture and sometimes it doesn't.
-Did you try to put it on a hd television as well. You should check out the quality using a large resolution tv it will help too

This video is still compressed for some reason.
The average bitrate is only 7 297 Kbps

Are you taking the memory card out, and transferring the files on to your computer?

This video is still compressed for some reason.
The average bitrate is only 7 297 Kbps

Are you taking the memory card out, and transferring the files on to your computer?
yes I am.
The bit rate is low indeed, my gopro2 is making better video I think...

Is there any other setting/config I am missing?

That bit rate is normal for these models

Back