Video won't play on Nexus 6

John Ho

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone using Nexus 6 and has this problem. I have to download the videos in order to see it.

Make sure you have MX player AND the MX player codecs (two separate installs from the Play store).

I had the same issue but with a Nexus 5. I had a Note 5 to test and it worked without issues, probably the pure android's don't support the codec.

I don't know - other than that once the codec is installed, it becomes available system-wide. So apps that couldn't play a particular file suddenly can. I don't think you can install the MX codec w/o the player - or at least, I haven't tried. I use MX Player as my default video app...

So you install those two app and it worked?

I don't know - other than that once the codec is installed, it becomes available system-wide. So apps that couldn't play a particular file suddenly can. I don't think you can install the MX codec w/o the player - or at least, I haven't tried. I use MX Player as my default video app...

How did you use it as your default app? It would always play within the app. What phone do you have?

I don't have a Nexus, nor the LK cam - but I've run into being unable to play the .mov and .mp4 files on my Note 4 (and AOSP head unit). MX Player is a good app to play most things, but when the system can't decode a format, the MX codec allows the (any) player to work.

How did you use it as your default app? It would always play within the app. What phone do you have?

I think we may be missing each other. I don't have a dash camera app. I use MX Player as my default app to play ALL videos - including those from dash cameras. I may be way off base with your particular camera/format, but Android will only play video files for which it has the correct codecs. The MX codec pack seems to fix any issues I've encountered with video formats that the system otherwise wouldn't play.

Try it. Worst case, uninstall if it doesn't work.

I think we may be missing each other. I don't have a dash camera app. I use MX Player as my default app to play ALL videos - including those from dash cameras. I may be way off base with your particular camera/format, but Android will only play video files for which it has the correct codecs. The MX codec pack seems to fix any issues I've encountered with video formats that the system otherwise wouldn't play.

Try it. Worst case, uninstall if it doesn't work.

Yes I agree it plays all videos and it plays this video too but what he's saying is it doesn't work in the app and it didn't work for me either. The video works in MX player for me but would like it to work in the app.

Ah, then I misunderstood. I thought it was a general 'video won't play'. Didn't make the connection that was just a single app. My apologies.

OK just got the Nexus 6P and it won't play on it either but tested it on Samsung Note 5 and Samsung Galaxy S5 and it works. Does anyone have any idea what it could be? Someone needs to look into this as this is a huge issue. Is there anyone way @Calgary Dash Camera - Robert @Calgary Dash Camera - Samuel can reach Lukas the manufacturer to fix the app?

Last edited:
Anyone has been able to play the video with Nexus device?

OK just got the Nexus 6P and it won't play on it either but tested it on Samsung Note 5 and Samsung Galaxy S5 and it works. Does anyone have any idea what it could be? Someone needs to look into this as this is a huge issue. Is there anyone way @Calgary Dash Camera - Robert @Calgary Dash Camera - Samuel can reach Lukas the manufacturer to fix the app?
I have relayed this over to Lukas.
Still under review.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D LK-7950 3
Greg Smith LK-7950 1
W LK-7950 15
J LK-7950 1
USDashCamera LK-7950 11
Back