Viofo A119 Mini 2 - Impression & Sample Footage

runtohell121

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo & Vantrue - too many to list
Disclaimer: I've received the Viofo A119 Mini 2 to test - was given the test unit in mid to late June 2023 that included a CPL filter, hardwire kit, and memory card.

Instead of taking photos of the box, unit, and accessories, I decided to skip it this time around since many other users already gotten to it. ;)

Unit itself: sturdy build quality, one of the smaller dash cams out there in a wedge shape.

Video quality: captures great detail for the size of the unit. Not quite understanding why there's a fluctuation in bitrate as others have pointed out, but for the initial batch of sample footage being posted, the dash cam was set to medium bitrate at 30fps with the resolution of 2560x1440 and hdr off. When going through the recorded files, the nighttime footage file size varies.

In a nutshell, this is a great dash cam for the price point (retail $149.99; usually on sale for $119.99); high quality video for the size of the unit with great feature set (e.g. Sony Stravis 2 sensor, parking mode, wifi, etc.). Definitely a great dash cam for those looking for a single channel unit or consider buying two of these and mount it in the front and rear.

Link to purchase: https://www.amazon.com/gp/B0C5MVB7NX
Here's a few sample footage and will continue to update this post as I collect more sample footage.

Daytime fog:

Daytime:

Nighttime fog:

Nighttime:

Parking mode (low bit rate):

Nice.
I'm looking forward to your testing, and how the Mini 2 compares with your A139 Pro during NIGHT TIME & LOW LIGHT situations.
-Chuck

Some footage shot in the dark only under the lights from the stars please ..
I haven't found any online. Want to use these as a security cam in very dark areas. Thank you.

Back