Viofo A119 Mini 2k, Locking up and not recording

davz

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I must admit my patience is now starting to wear a bit thin with the camera! I have the latest firmware, updated due to the issue with it locking all parking files filling up the card. It is hardwired to a Powercore smart powerbank. Card is a Sandisk Extreme 256. Camera purchased November 2023.
Issues:- it will start to record at the start of a journey and after recording a couple of 3 min videos it just stops recording, two red Led lights are then constantly lit, which I cannot see until I stop as it is hidden behind the interior mirror. The camera is locked and will not work as pressing any of the buttons has no effect, the only way to get it work again is to unplug the power source and re-boot it. Therefore I cannot trust this camera at all to take any video. As a note I have a Vicovation marcus 4 in the rear window and this is working perfectly so it is nothing to do with the powerbank.
Next issue is the wifi just drops out and disconnects from my iphone every time. When it does work I cannot delete any videos as I get an error message "error code -1:cmd=4003" I haven't a clue what this means!
Next issue is that there are no parking files in the parking folder but there are tons of locked parking files in the "All" folder?
Next issue is there are lots of random photographs in the Photo folder?

In a nutshell this camera is not doing the job it was designed to do, namely record journeys and parking, overwriting the files as the card fills. I have zero trust in this camera and either need to get it sorted or sell it and get something that is reliable.

I must admit my patience is now starting to wear a bit thin with the camera! I have the latest firmware, updated due to the issue with it locking all parking files filling up the card. It is hardwired to a Powercore smart powerbank. Card is a Sandisk Extreme 256. Camera purchased November 2023.
Issues:- it will start to record at the start of a journey and after recording a couple of 3 min videos it just stops recording, two red Led lights are then constantly lit, which I cannot see until I stop as it is hidden behind the interior mirror. The camera is locked and will not work as pressing any of the buttons has no effect, the only way to get it work again is to unplug the power source and re-boot it. Therefore I cannot trust this camera at all to take any video. As a note I have a Vicovation marcus 4 in the rear window and this is working perfectly so it is nothing to do with the powerbank.
Next issue is the wifi just drops out and disconnects from my iphone every time. When it does work I cannot delete any videos as I get an error message "error code -1:cmd=4003" I haven't a clue what this means!
Next issue is that there are no parking files in the parking folder but there are tons of locked parking files in the "All" folder?
Next issue is there are lots of random photographs in the Photo folder?

In a nutshell this camera is not doing the job it was designed to do, namely record journeys and parking, overwriting the files as the card fills. I have zero trust in this camera and either need to get it sorted or sell it and get something that is reliable.
1. Check the operation of the Mini with another memory card.
2. Check the operation of the Mini by connecting it with a long cable with the power adapter included in the kit to the car’s cigarette lighter.
3. Contact support.

I must admit my patience is now starting to wear a bit thin
@viofo @VIOFO-Support

Hello,
It sounds like you may have a defective;
1.) A119 Mini 2, (you may have posted in the incorrect section, the original A119 Mini (2022) is a different camera with different firmware, image sensor, etc.)
If so, please post in the correct thread so other A119 Mini 2 users may benefit.
2.) SD Card
3.) Viofo HK4 Hardwire Kit

The first step to resolve your complaint is to file a warranty claim to receive a new replacement A119 Mini 2 by submitting a support ticket here;

BEFORE installing your new replacement camera in your car, please test the camera for proper operation in your house with the included USB Type-C power cable, and a power bank, or similar.

As far as SD Cards go, of course you should be free to choose any card you desire meeting minimum specifications, but in reality that is not the case.
If you use anything but a genuine Viofo brand SD Card, and have recording malfunctions, “people” will most likely blame your “aftermarket” SD Card.
So, using a Viofo Brand SD Card will eliminate that argument, and reduce your frustration.
Currently they’re 25% off on Amazon US.

25% Off .png
$70 .png

1.) A119 Mini 2, (you may have posted in the incorrect section, the original A119 Mini (2022) is a different camera with different firmware, image sensor, etc.)
If so, please post in the correct thread so other A119 Mini 2 users may benefit.
Why did you decide that the Mini could not be purchased in November 2023?
It is still available for sale on some sales sites.
Example:

It is still available for sale on some sales sites.
Correct.
Original A119 Mini (2022) was “officially discontinued” June 2023 with the release of the A119 Mini 2.
Benelux Netherlands is not official, (retailer / reseller).
Only www.Viofo.com is official.
(you may have posted in the incorrect section, the original A119 Mini (2022) is a different camera with different firmware, image sensor, etc.)

Benelux Netherlands is not official, (retailer / reseller).
Only www.Viofo.com is official.
At TechPunt we started selling VIOFO in 2017. Since then we have lgradually expanded the VIOFO range to the complete range. After many positive experiences from customers, we traveled to China in 2019 to visit the VIOFO factory and office there. We have made agreements with VIOFO to take over the distribution and sale of VIOFO dashcams in the Benelux. In doing so, we are currently the only official distributor for VIOFO in the Benelux.

Let's wait to see what Viofo says.

Dear Moderator, Yes this posting is in the wrong section and should be in the Mini 2 section.
Can you move this to the Mini 2 section of the forum?

The camera has once again locked up and would not switch off, the only way to switch it off is to disconnect it from the power supply.
Once reset the camera will work but then locks up again within an hour.
I have now received a new card and am going to see if that is any different.
Viewing the footage on the card I have found that there are lots of videos all locked in the Parking folder, I thought the new update was supposed to stop the locking of parking files? But there are also parking files in the Movie folder, but these are not locked? Why are parking files in the folder intended for driving files? I just don't get this!
The video quality isn't as good as I expected for 2k, number plates are very difficult, if not impossible to read, yet I think I have it on the best setting and hdr off during the day.

Dear Moderator, Yes this posting is in the wrong section and should be in the Mini 2 section.
Can you move this to the Mini 2 section of the forum?
In order to get his attention you have to tag him like this @DashCamMan
This should do it, thanks for the clarification.

The camera has once again locked up and would not switch off, the only way to switch it off is to disconnect it from the power supply.
Viewing the footage on the card I have found that there are lots of videos all locked in the Parking folder, I thought the new update was supposed to stop the locking of parking files? But there are also parking files in the Movie folder, but these are not locked? Why are parking files in the folder intended for driving files? I just don't get this!
The video quality isn't as good as I expected for 2k, number plates are very difficult, if not impossible to read, yet I think I have it on the best setting and hdr off during the day.
Please submit a ticket directly to Viofo to get a resolution to your complaint;

We have contacted you via message, and hope we can figure out the issue soon.

@Karagandinez
Benelux is simply a retailer / reseller.
Benelux does not make Viofo Policy.

Isn't it time for you to make up your mind? :unsure:
There has been a misunderstanding, and it's my fault for lack of correct wording.
What I originally meant to say was;
Benelux is not the official Viofo website that makes policy, or decides when to discontinue a camera, and they are just a retailer / reseller.
Is there anyway you can forgive me?
I throw myself at the mercy of the court.
I'm willing to receive any punishment up to, and including death. lol

He is saying they are only a retailer/reseller and not official both times!! It just reads a bit weird so I can see where the misunderstanding came from :ROFLMAO:
Thank you for voting stay of execution.
I’m still hoping Karag does not escalate this issue to the gallows. Lol

Mine developed the same issue as well. It'll power on for a few minutes even when connected to a smartphone charger via the USB-C port, and then it'll freeze and become non-responsive. I've reset to factory settings and flashed the latest firmware but no luck. Waiting on VIOFO support now.

Back