Viofo A119 V3 Quad HD+ with Sony Starvis IMX335 - factory sample tests

The piggyback fuse tap has one wire holder at one end and the prongs at the other. (Will get it if I can on Thursday).

The Nextbase is on a 7.5 fuse, but is only a 2 wire kit if I remember rightly.. How many can be hardwired safely (to a second 7.5 fuse)?

Do I need 2 of these then, and connect one to the yellow cable into an ACC fuse, and the red cable into a constant fuse (and the black to ground of course)?
You can just put both red and yellow into the same blue crimp connector on the one fuse tap - connect them together.
Alternatively you can connect the 3-wire hw kit up as per the instructions with 2 fuse taps, and then turn off parking mode in the setup.

A119 V3 or A119S V2 (I need the best quality recording in the night).

A119 V3 or A119S V2 (I need the best quality recording in the night).
If you will be driving in the dark with no headlights then the A119S, otherwise A119 V3.

The extra resolution of the V3 means that it can read number plates at greater distance which reduces the motion blur, and which more than makes up for the increase in motion blur due to less sensitivity. The A119S can work in darker conditions, but unless you turn your lights off then you wont see the benefit.

I drive outside city (outside built-up areas). Headlight only my car and other cars.

I love my VIOFO A119S V2 .... Good PQ and reliable. Has there been a Dash Cam with better PQ (especially night vision) come out in the last 12 months?
.... or is the VIOFO A119 V3 it?

I love my VIOFO A119S V2 .... Good PQ and reliable. Has there been a Dash Cam with better PQ (especially night vision) come out in the last 12 months?
.... or is the VIOFO A119 V3 it?
Your A119S is not far behind the V3, and very close at night, sometimes better depending on the situation, probably sensible to wait a bit longer if you are thinking of an upgrade, Maybe an A129 Pro coming out soon for a proper upgrade.

I have an A119 PRO as a front. I like the A119S V2 better

@jokiin

Funny though - as soon as I gave the A119S V2 a big rap this morning .... this afternoon I suspect it might have carked it..?

There's a textured band on the left 1/3 of the screen that changes from blue/purple to green when looking at an angle
The rest of the screen is black ... still with date 1080p60 and SD card symbol in bottom Right corner. This was in the Car.
Removed it and plugged into iMac computer using correct cable supplied. None of the buttons respond, same as in Car.
Changed Samsung SD card with no change.

What does this mean? Fixable or time is up to look for a newy? cheers

Edit

The 3rd last file ran for 5 mins (default)
The 2nd last file ran for 3m 51s
Last file ran for 4 secs
Then went to purple/blue and green band on 1/3 L/S of screen

Last edited:
Here's 2 video from my sample A119 V3 running v1.0 firmware; quality seems good so far, just updated to v1.01 today and will try to get some more video footage soon

Sunny day with slight exposure change when under the bridge (near the end)

cloudy day
A119 V3

Last edited:
‎[QUOTE = "runtohell121, post: 472057, Member: 2265] ‎
‎ Here are 2 videos from my sample A119 V3 with firmware v1.0; get more videos‎
‎ ‎
‎ of sunny day with a slight modification of the exposition under the bridge (towards the end)‎
‎ [MEDIA = YouTube] pWiwDNzeUZk [/MEDIA]‎
‎ ‎
‎ cloudy day‎
‎ A119 V3‎
‎ [MEDIA = YouTube ] AaSh9P-tlC4 [/MEDIA]‎
‎ ‎
‎ N1 Vantrue Pro‎
‎ [MEDIA = YouTube] 4nBB8503E3k [/MEDIA]‎
‎ [/QUOTE]‎
‎ Hi! The video quality is excellent! A119 have Setup V3 with firmware v1.0 what? Exhibit quality, WDR (Of Lee ON), SPL?‎

You need to use English. This is an English speaking forum.

This one needs removing though - Vantrue video...

Wanted to leave it, but will take out. Was trying to use it as a comparison video in similar condition, though timing is slightly different.

Back