VIofo A119V3 Sample video, thoughts

There is something wrong with your PC set up or yours eyes if you can not see the much better detail of the V3. Or perhaps you do not like the narrower field of view on the V3 but with out a doubt the clarity of the V3 wins. One of my V2 as been relegated to the rear screen to see where I have been instead of the way I am going. It likely to stay there until the A129Pro 4K is released.

With the release of V3 firmware V1.1 WDR is improved.

Trying to assess true video via YT is always hit and miss.

Tractor has access to the full half a Gb raw files so can see the true difference.

My current thoughts are to stick with my V2, as it's fairly new, and giving me the clarity I need and keep the V3 as a future option.

Actually I do prefer the narrower FOV from the V3.

I also do see the better quality of the V3 in other examples in the forum - just NOT in this second example.

I posed the question as originally the V2 clip was mistakenly labelled as 1440, but was not, and the V3 looked good. At the second posting of these side by side clips the V2 looked good but the V3 was now inferior to the original? So, I just wondered if the "Gremlins" had been at play again!

I don't appreciate the rather personal suggestion that my eyes or PC are faulty when it seems you may not have read and understood what I was actually trying to say.

Aimed a bit high, the paint on the old pickup hood is in bad shape after sitting outside for 16 years. (Distracting)

The V2 Video says 'ViofoA119', the V3 'Viofo A119 V3'

My current thoughts are to stick with my V2, as it's fairly new, and giving me the clarity I need and keep the V3 as a future option.

The quality from mod 6Ro is very good and a good choice and if you are happy stay with it. Unfortunately technology is moving all the time. I would like a penny for every time I have bought some thing to find a newer and/or cheaper produce just days/weeks after. We have all felt that sting.

There is no sense to throw a picture about the daily video, everything is “delicious” and beautiful there. :)
I decided to see how DVR 119V3 handles the oncoming, in the evening at 20:00, at a speed of + -110 Km / h, quite decent results

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

ГНЗ.jpg

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
When you've got a quality quadHD lens and the dashcam is solidly mounted you can expect crisp video.

I had another manufacturers quadHD setup which was fine when the car was stationary or on silky smooth motorways but on uneven and rough roads the weight of the whole dashcam on a stalk caused vibration that wrecked the footage.

For the price I think Viofo have it cracked :)

When you've got a quality quadHD lens and the dashcam is solidly mounted you can expect crisp video.
The meaning of these frames to show that the receptionist copes with the capture of numbers in the evening, usually at this time already all the numbers will be blurred due to lack of exposure. Well, of course, among other things, there are still a lot of factors that influence a good picture, from software coupled with hardware, to rigid fixing of the recorder and weather conditions.

90901786f655646d631d2d737d8583a2.gif

2.jpg

Безымянный3.png

... in the evening at 20:00, at a speed of + -110 Km / h, quite decent results
It is also evening, but a little later, it is already dusk in the city.
Eyes can hardly distinguish something, but Viofo A119 V3 seems to see better. Amazing
Evening time, twilight_1.jpg

Evening time, twilight_1.scale.jpg

Evening time, twilight_2.jpg

Evening time, twilight_2.scale.jpg

And here is also a fan of playing checkers

Evening time, twilight_3.jpg

Evening time, twilight_3.scale.jpg

Personal I prefer to keep it off. But best alternative is to turn in on at night and off during daylight but it is about if you like the display with WDR on or off . My best suggestion is to try it and make your own mind up.

On A119s WDR works wonderfull, but on V3 is very bad. I hope that Viofo will work on, to give us soon an update.

Sent using Tapatalk Pro

Curious what are you guys using to playback these videos and zoom in on license plates?

I'm using VLC and using interactive zoom but can't seem to get any clear shots of plates on cars traveling in the same direction let alone oncoming cars. @gse @Leonauto

Using 1440 @ 30fps. WDR on.

Do you guys have WDR on? @Leonauto @dash riposki
I don't turn on WDR

Curious what are you guys using to playback these videos and zoom in on license plates?

I'm using VLC and using interactive zoom but can't seem to get any clear shots of plates on cars traveling in the same direction let alone oncoming cars.
Player MPС-BE
I am making a freeze frame by standard means of Windows, Paint
There is another interesting method for zooming in on a picture - I select the piece I need in Paint (from the screenshot), paste it into the text opened in the MSWord editor, increase it by pulling the corner, copy it and paste it back into the Paint (resulting in a good increase) ;)

does insurance cover if we have a dash cam crash video? just curious
From personal experience it can change the outcome.
Let me explain.
Road rage car accident. Raging driver claimed I caused the accident.
Had a friend following me with a Viofo V2 which recorded everything.
Submitted just a couple of frames from the video and the insurance company admitted 100% liability. Just got the car back today and the repair looks fantastic.
There was also a Viofo Duo 129 IR in the damaged car but I didn’t need its recordings.
The dash cam saved a potential huge costly fight.
Hope that helps.

Back