Viofo A129 Pro vs Blackvue DR900X Plus

Ok, sorry, it seemed like you only recall "somebody" with the hotbox so I assumed you are referring to this video and I added the user (I think USA and Canada "branches" are quite connected):

Yeah, true.
I see that we've been summoned! Hey guys, how can we help? Great choice with the VIOFO A129 Plus. You can't go wrong with it.

Buying my first dashcam. Considering these two and have a question.

I haven't decided whether to pay for the wifi hotspot in my new vehicle. If I don't get that, does that negate a lot of the Blackvue's added value with their cloud features? The installer I'm talking to said these two cameras are basically the same if I don't take advantage of the cloud features.
Neither.
A139 Pro 2CH.

Appreciate all the feedback.

After reading a lot of other threads, it appears I need to be concerned with heat sensitivity since I live in Texas and will be using the parking mode.

It seems the A129 Pro is known to have heat issues. What about the Blackvue? Nath mentioned in his reply above that it can turn itself odd, cool down, then power back on. Am I understanding that correctly? Anyone have experience using it it hot environments?
All 4K cameras have heat issues regardless of manufacturer (including Blackvue).
If you're worried about heat, get a 2K camera.

It's probably about priorities and price of a car. When I found out that one of my side mirrors costs 3000$ (after a truck smashed it into 5th dimension) I would definitely want to know when somebody scratched my car tbh (that's the main reason for cloud). Funny thing is that car is now protected by two A139 (no Blackvue whatsoever).

@BlackboxMyCar has joined the group :ROFLMAO:
Even with cloud, you will not know when someone scratches your car or door dings it.
Neither of those things seem strong enough to trigger the G-Sensor.

Also, knowing when somebody scratches your car via cloud does not change or affect the outcome in anyway. The person would have pulled off from the parking lot or garage long before you get back to your car after receiving the cloud notification.

Blackvue tends to have G-sensor quite sensitive so some bumps is able recognize (definitely more sensitive than Viofo, that's for sure).
I don't know about US, but in Europe it's not that uncommon to feel guilt which holds the person on scene for few minutes (there isn't such drive to flee the scene because of uninsured car...) so I would rather have the instant notification and then decide whether I would run to my car or not. The outcome could be very different...

Btw: Blackvue dashcams are also able to sent event footage to the cloud - quite handy in case somebody broke into your car and steel the camera as well...

Blackvue tends to have G-sensor quite sensitive so some bumps is able recognize (definitely more sensitive than Viofo, that's for sure).
Interesting to know.
I've waited a few times in the car once I get to where I'm going for my dashcam (Street Guardian, which I assume has similar sensitivity as Viofo) to enter parking mode. I come out of the car and shut the door. No saved recording. Yeah, if it can't detect me shutting the door when I get out of the car, it probably won't catch a door ding.
At the same time, the cameras that do catch these door ding things also have plenty of "false" positives as you shutting the door of your car is always also an event.

I don't know about US, but in Europe it's not that uncommon to feel guilt which holds the person on scene for few minutes (there isn't such drive to flee the scene because of uninsured car...) so I would rather have the instant notification and then decide whether I would run to my car or not. The outcome could be very different...
a.) If the person is well intentioned; they will either wait, go into the store to look for the individual or have an employee there make an announcement, or write their name and contact information on a piece of paper and put it on your windshield under your wiper. A cloud notification won't make a difference in the outcome.

b.) If they are not, they will just drive off before you get there. A cloud notification won't help you if they did that.

This isn't a US vs Europe thing as I think it depends on the morals of the individual.

Btw: Blackvue dashcams are also able to sent event footage to the cloud - quite handy in case somebody broke into your car and steel the camera as well...
That's such a minute reason to pay for cloud...

I doubt that anyone who crashed into my car would go through the process of breaking into my car to steal my dashcam on the scene of an accident that they caused. That is stupidity and just asking to get caught.
They will likely either do A or B as I outlined above.
My dashcam is hidden behind the windshield frit and is barely visible from the outside anyway.

Is the event footage limited to 720P like their remote live view?

Back