Viofo A139 2ch constantly beeping

@guidatore You better rule out one of the parts before installation because you could end up with a bad cable and that would mean disassemble the whole car(s) again. ;)

I am sad to hear others having the same problem as me. In fact, just this week my replacement A139 has started beeping again. I moved the rear camera from the rear port to the interior port (like last time) and it did not fix the issue. I kept having beeps and it reverts to one channel. I’ve opened up a second support ticket. :-(

Normally Viofo should return the money to you because all your future cameras will start beeping after 2 months, so sending about 20 dahscams to you is not a business for them. Maybe they will accept money return so you can buy another camera.

@Nixxx any update? Since my last message I did not have the time to take care of this problem so I unplugged the rear camera. Now that I have more time I will be taking care of this problem. I am thinking of contacting the reseller and begging for a refund of the two A139 3 CH cameras I bought for my two cars. It's useless to get a replacement since this is for sure a design problem, not a problem of a few cameras

@Nixxx any update? Since my last message I did not have the time to take care of this problem so I unplugged the rear camera. Now that I have more time I will be taking care of this problem. I am thinking of contacting the reseller and begging for a refund of the two A139 3 CH cameras I bought for my two cars. It's useless to get a replacement since this is for sure a design problem, not a problem of a few cameras

So, quite a lot has happened actually. I sent my entire system back to Viofo UK (a second time) and they replaced the main camera, rear camera and cable. (End of Jan). This worked for approximately 2 weeks and the beeping/disconnecting camera issues returned. I updated to firmware 1.6 as well - which did not resolve any problems. We looked at the power source next. I am using the Viofo cigarette lighter plug socket (not hard wired) and tested the voltage, all was fine.

Viofo UK then offered me a swap for any other camera - but none seemed to have the same quality of video of the A139. About this same time I realised if I touched the cable going to the rear camera I could trigger the beeping. I sent a video of my entire installation and the beeping being caused by just 'touching' the cable.

Viofo UK sent out 2 brand new cables to me the last week of February. The new cable seemed like it was a higher quality and it connected to the rear camera without a normal 'click.' It was super firm and did not wiggle AT ALL. It was as if the connector was bigger and allowed for less play.

I have not had a single failure since installing the latest cable. I consider it now resolved with this new cable.

I must give props to Viofo UK for hanging in there with me and trying all sorts of things to resolve my issues. Yeah, I had to foot the return shipping multiple times - but they did send many items to me in return.

I'm glad to hear there's a happy ending here. I'm about to install my new V139 and this issue was giving me pause.

Thank you very much @Nixxx for your interesting feedback. Can you please upload some pictures of the new cable plug (and model number if available) so I could directly ask Viofo where I can buy it and save myself all the stress with shipping back my two A139?

Thank you very much @Nixxx for your interesting feedback. Can you please upload some pictures of the new cable plug (and model number if available) so I could directly ask Viofo where I can buy it and save myself all the stress with shipping back my two A139?
There are no part numbers that I can see and visually it looks identical to the old cable. If anything the tip is probably different.. but you don't notice. The way it connected to the rear camera felt totally different. No "click" and it just firmly plugged in and did not wiggle.

Look at this replacement cable, it has the ports that are quite different from the ones that you get with the dashcam box.
They have a bigger square base. I think I will try to buy such cable. The only downside is that there is not a 3 meters cable, only a 6 meters, which is way too long

So, quite a lot has happened actually. I sent my entire system back to Viofo UK (a second time) and they replaced the main camera, rear camera and cable. (End of Jan). This worked for approximately 2 weeks and the beeping/disconnecting camera issues returned. I updated to firmware 1.6 as well - which did not resolve any problems. We looked at the power source next. I am using the Viofo cigarette lighter plug socket (not hard wired) and tested the voltage, all was fine.

Viofo UK then offered me a swap for any other camera - but none seemed to have the same quality of video of the A139. About this same time I realised if I touched the cable going to the rear camera I could trigger the beeping. I sent a video of my entire installation and the beeping being caused by just 'touching' the cable.

Viofo UK sent out 2 brand new cables to me the last week of February. The new cable seemed like it was a higher quality and it connected to the rear camera without a normal 'click.' It was super firm and did not wiggle AT ALL. It was as if the connector was bigger and allowed for less play.

I have not had a single failure since installing the latest cable. I consider it now resolved with this new cable.

I must give props to Viofo UK for hanging in there with me and trying all sorts of things to resolve my issues. Yeah, I had to foot the return shipping multiple times - but they did send many items to me in return.

I believe Viofo sells a "lock" for their A-139 camera. Looking up past threads on this forum, it seems your problem wasn't unique. I am glad a better cable fixed. You might consider using the lock to help further secure the new cable into place.

1650822735711.png

Back