Viofo A139 vs. Viofo T130

Nice job on the comparison video!

One thing I always forget to do (at first) with multiple IR interior cameras, is to only have one of them recording / powered at a time at night to avoid having the IR LEDs from the other interior camera illuminating more of the interior than that dash cam's interior camera can illuminate. I've had to repeat some test drives once I finally remember that I have multiple IR interior cameras running at the same time. :)

lol yeah I tried doing a comparison with both at the same time, but things got super bright, lol. The T130's LED's looked more powerful than the A139's did when I tried that. :) It would be easier to run both at night like we could in the daytime, haha.

Just finished up my comparison review of the Viofo A139 and Viofo T130. Lots of little details to check out between both dashcams. :)
I forgot to ask this on my youtube comment.
Did you see any differences in how hot each camera got?
Which one do you think is less likely to overheat?
-Chuck

I've had good luck with the A139 in the heat and I would have assumed it'd be better than the T130 given the separate interior cam, but the T130 has a heat sink visible on the body and both dashcams are rated for the same temperature levels and so I decided to remove that bit from the comparison since I'm not really sure. Someone else who lives in a hotter part of the world might be better to test that out. :)

Last edited:
Which one do you think is less likely to overheat?
I would expect the A139 to do better, but I suspect they were both tested/developed for the same maximum temperature, so even though the A139 is the better shape, the advantages may not have been taken advantage of. It needs someone like @BlackboxMyCar with their fan oven to do a side by side test before we will know!

I would expect the A139 to do better, but I suspect they were both tested/developed for the same maximum temperature, so even though the A139 is the better shape, the advantages may not have been taken advantage of. It needs someone like @BlackboxMyCar with their fan oven to do a side by side test before we will know!

Oh man, that was a blast from the past.
I miss that "fan oven" test. lol
-Chuck

Thank you for the idea and will bring this up with our team! We do have a few beat the heat videos coming this summer but we'll see if there's room for this :)

@Vortex Radar
Yo Ari,
I think someone downloaded your video, added Chinese subtitles, and then uploaded the video as their own on their YouTube channel.

Isn't that like stealing your content?
-Chuck

Isn't that like stealing your content?
-Chuck

Must be Vortex Radar's chinese channel that he set up shortly before his main one but has been unused since. It dates from 18 Oct 2011 and only has the one video on it, but does include a link back to the original video.

Or maybe there is another explanation :D :unsure:

lol, I left a comment on that video saying something like "Well this looks familiar" lol

They replied and apologized, saying that they wanted to share the video with Chinese subtitles for someone interested in buying the dashcam and that they'd delete the video afterwards. Looks like it's already gone now.

Well when you " bring it" you will also be the one people would like to copy,,,,,,, or that is sane people want to copy, many seem to think as long as i am special i will do just fine.

Just finished up my comparison review of the Viofo A139 and Viofo T130. Lots of little details to check out between both dashcams. :)
Nice review. I wonder if the T130 can connect to your home WIFI network just like the A139 does when in "station mode".

lol, I left a comment on that video saying something like "Well this looks familiar" lol

They replied and apologized, saying that they wanted to share the video with Chinese subtitles for someone interested in buying the dashcam and that they'd delete the video afterwards. Looks like it's already gone now.
Better play it safe, and start speaking Chinese in all your videos from now on. lol

There are some dash cam groups in China, some fans also watched video on youtube, I saw they discussed the reviews from youtube like Vortex Radar.

haha yeah there definitely seems to be a bigger international market for dashcams than radar detectors which makes sense.

There are paid services where you can have translators create subtitles in various languages for your videos. It definitely adds up to do it for multiple videos, multiple languages (pay per language), and for long videos (you pay per minute), but I suppose it could be an option if the demand shows itself to be there.

Nice review. I wonder if the T130 can connect to your home WIFI network just like the A139 does when in "station mode".
Do you find an answer to this? I'm curious if the T130 can do that too.

Back