VIOFO A229 Duo - Review PP

Features like voice response from these devices I find annoying and generally turn off. They also add software complexity and force the processors to work a little bit more, thus inducing more heat and energy usage. Even a system where the device follows voice commands is nice, but ups the cost.
You should try one of the newer Viofo dashcams before deciding. Certainly for some cameras from other brands that talk when you are busy doing other things, I agree with you, but as long as they stick to useful information at a time when you are talking to them anyway, then it is useful rather than an annoyance.

My big bug-a-boo are the red lights. To me red light means bad, failure, lookout, etc. Frankly, I think if some feature is enable the LED should be Green. If not in use then leave the LED off. I have no idea why manufactures feel then need to "light up" everything with Red.
Record indicators have always been red, going back to the days of cassette tapes at least!

Right on Lufo,
Thanks for stopping in.
You can disable the status LED's on the A229.
-Chuck

Record indicators have always been red, going back to the days of cassette tapes at least!
Seems to go back long before cassette tapes, here is a 1940's BBC Radio Studio "On Air" indicator, turns on automatically when the microphone is turned on, even without a recording device. It is a red warning not to enter the studio:

1664297232679.png

Though different camera : but does anyone know if you can disable status LED on A139 (pro) too?
I just checked with the latest iPhone APP Version & Firmware.
There is no selection to disable the status LED lights.

Attachments

• 1 .png
    1 .png
    167.4 KB · Views: 4
Back