Front - IMX678 STARVIS 2 sensor 4K
Rear - IMX675 STARVIS 2 sensor 2K

Vueroid D21 4K
Rear - IMX307 STARVIS1 sensor 1080p

FIrst video we are showing today is sample footage

in coming weeks we will have following

-Full Breakdown of parking mode compared
-Heat Test I know @Panzer Platform will want to see the results (We have not begun this test)
-Video Quality
-License plates daytime
-License plates night time
-Full Breakdown Comparison (I think this will be a very long video)

Okay here is the first drop of many to come.....

The Viofo A229 Pro comes with a CPL filter in the box, but you don't have it fitted, or if you do then it is incorrectly adjusted.
As far as I know, it is impossible to fit one to the Vueroid?

I suspect you don't have it fitted to the A229 Pro in order to make the test fair, but is it actually making it fair?

There is an advantage to using a CPL, which is why there is one in the box, and a disadvantage for cameras that can't use them. You have removed that advantage from the A229 Pro; this is not fair.
The A229 Pro is calibrated for use with the CPL fitted, without it exposure, colours, white balance, contrast, etc. may not be as intended. I do notice some relative overexposure at times from the A229 Pro in your video.

In reality, with the CPL being in the box, at no extra cost, nearly everyone will be using it on the A229 Pro, while nobody will be using one on the Vueroid, I think the test should be done with the CPL, even if it is considered not fair to do so.

It would probably make more sense to run the test with a CPL on both cameras instead of without on both cameras, but that would be difficult, and not what will happen in real life!

The Viofo A229 Pro comes with a CPL filter in the box, but you don't have it fitted, or if you do then it is incorrectly adjusted.
As far as I know, it is impossible to fit one to the Vueroid?

I suspect you don't have it fitted to the A229 Pro in order to make the test fair, but is it actually making it fair?

There is an advantage to using a CPL, which is why there is one in the box, and a disadvantage for cameras that can't use them. You have removed that advantage from the A229 Pro; this is not fair.
The A229 Pro is calibrated for use with the CPL fitted, without it exposure, colours, white balance, contrast, etc. may not be as intended. I do notice some relative overexposure at times from the A229 Pro in your video.

In reality, with the CPL being in the box, at no extra cost, nearly everyone will be using it on the A229 Pro, while nobody will be using one on the Vueroid, I think the test should be done with the CPL, even if it is considered not fair to do so.

It would probably make more sense to run the test with a CPL on both cameras instead of without on both cameras, but that would be difficult, and not what will happen in real life!
I have never used a CPL filter in any of my videos to this day.

If they are calibrated with a CPL filter as you say then why does @viofo not include one in the box of A229 Plus?

If they are calibrated with a CPL filter as you say then why does @viofo not include one in the box of A229 Plus?
That is a different camera, with a different calibration. The CPL filter is only an optional extra on that camera, so testing it without a CPL would seem sensible.

I assume it is not included in the box to reduce the camera cost, on the basis that many people buying it will want to keep the cost low and not purchase the optional CPL, while people buying the Pro want the best.

For the Pro, you could do tests with and without, but if you are only doing one of the two, I think with would be the sensible choice, since that is how most people will use it. Almost nobody is going to fit and remove the A229 Pro CPL based on lighting conditions, it is not all that easy to do.

Here is some information on how time lapse parking mode works between the 2 different units

The Viofo A229 Pro drops down from 4K to 2K resolution in time lapse mode. If there are any impacts it locks the video.
The Vueroid D21 4K stays in 4K resolution. However if there is an impact detected it will change to 30fps, turn the audio on and save the video in the event folder.

Here is the breakdown of impact detection
Two seconds is too slow, you had caught the ball and relaxed by then, no evidence that it was you that caused the impact!
In twelve seconds, you had walked away.

One second is almost fast enough, I would like a bit faster though, so that when someone hits your bumper, there is still some movement visible at the start of the recording.

Time for Viofo to catch up!
The A229 did actually have impact detection parking mode at one time, but not sub-second.

Yes, the power consumption doesn't make sense, the designers should have made an effort to reduce power consumption in parking mode, but when it takes so long to wake up, it is hardly worth the effort!

Low power and proper fast start is possible...

1-3 seconds i believe is good because it will allow you to get a license plate when a vehicle drives away in most instances. Where we are located you can report a license plate for damage and they will send a letter to that person that they need to reply to. I assume it is the same in the UK from what I hear. It is not a perfect solution. But it has way less impact on your battery.

Here is the breakdown of impact detection

Impact Detection Parking Mode Viofo vs Vueroid vs Thinkware vs Vantrue
Wow, wild to see the N4 Pro's results. I love that you included the power draw component too.

Could you clarify about the A229 Pro? I thought Auto Event Detection should offer motion & impact detection, but I'm assuming you weren't using that mode since you're testing for impact detection without motion detection?

Wow, wild to see the N4 Pro's results. I love that you included the power draw component too.

Could you clarify about the A229 Pro? I thought Auto Event Detection should offer motion & impact detection, but I'm assuming you weren't using that mode since you're testing for impact detection without motion detection?
Yesterday I showed Time Lapse mode. Which the Viofo had impact detection on. Tomorrow we have a video of motion detection which the Viofo and Vueroid both have impact detection in that mode.

Here is final installment of parking mode

This time at night

Viofo A229 Pro vs Vueroid D21 4K Dash Cam Parking Mode At Night

Here is final installment of parking mode

This time at night

Viofo A229 Pro vs Vueroid D21 4K Dash Cam Parking Mode At Night
No dashboard reflections on the A229 Pro but lots on the Vueroid. Did you have the CPL on the A229 Pro this time? Is that why the A229 has a lot less noise and motion blur?! :unsure: I know I suggested that you use it, but I didn't expect that much improvement!

In Motion detection and Low bitrate, the A229 Pro seems a lot smoother than the Vueroid. Are they both on 30fps, or is the Vueroid using a lower frame rate for parking mode?

No cpl filter used (viofo) . Ultra night vision (vueroid) is used which brightens up the video a lot.

Last edited:
Comparing the Emergency recording / manual recording feature of both units. We have had a lot of people ask for a full explanation of how the Viofo manual recording works

So we are comparing the Viofo A229 pro vs Vueroid D21 4k

Specs
Viofo A229 Pro
Rear - IMX675 STARVIS 2 sensor 2K

Vueroid D21 4K
Rear - IMX307 STARVIS1 sensor 1080p

FIrst video we are showing today is sample footage

in coming weeks we will have following

-Full Breakdown of parking mode compared
-Heat Test I know @Panzer Platform will want to see the results (We have not begun this test)
-Video Quality
-License plates daytime
-License plates night time
-Full Breakdown Comparison (I think this will be a very long video)

Okay here is the first drop of many to come.....

Nice appreciate your effort great Explanation

Back