Viofo A329 Extended Footage

Where do you get these conclusions?
HDR works on the rear camera and very well. It's just of little use on the rear window.
To test HDR, install the rear camera on the windshield for an experiment.

I'm not talking about whether it technically works or not. I experience that HDR is of no use when a rear camera works at the back. HDR does not work well on the rear window when it is not directly illuminated by light.
If you're driving on a two-way road, it's difficult to read license plates unless there are two vehicles driving in the opposite direction in a row.

Yes, the rear camera or the telephoto camera HDR technically works very well. However, in practice, a super night or wdr camera on the rear window is better than hdr. I think peripheral vision and details are more important in the rear camera. In my opinion, dark peripheral vision is useless because the rear camera will read the license plate.

These are completely situations that I have experienced. Another user being satisfied or supporting me does not change this situation.

I'm not talking about whether it technically works or not. I experience that HDR is of no use when a rear camera works at the back. HDR does not work well on the rear window when it is not directly illuminated by light.
If you're driving on a two-way road, it's difficult to read license plates unless there are two vehicles driving in the opposite direction in a row.

Yes, the rear camera or the telephoto camera HDR technically works very well. However, in practice, a super night or wdr camera on the rear window is better than hdr. I think peripheral vision and details are more important in the rear camera. In my opinion, dark peripheral vision is useless because the rear camera will read the license plate.

These are completely situations that I have experienced. Another user being satisfied or supporting me does not change this situation.
HDR on the rear camera can be disabled in the menu if you are not satisfied with it.

HDR on the rear camera can be disabled in the menu if you are not satisfied with it.
I was almost one of the first to recommend this HDR structuring that can be turned off, but when I saw the result
The real problem is that it is starvis2. Unfortunately, image transitions are not good on the rear camera (or the camera mounted on the rear window). HDR on or off doesn't matter.

I was almost one of the first to recommend this HDR structuring that can be turned off, but when I saw the result
The real problem is that it is starvis2. Unfortunately, image transitions are not good on the rear camera (or the camera mounted on the rear window). HDR on or off doesn't matter.
Are we talking about shooting at night or during the day?
During the day, the video quality of the starvis2 is excellent, both in front and behind.
But at night, on the tinted rear window, any camera is of little use.

In the situation where there is more than one vehicle traveling in the opposite direction, HDR at the rear can read plates that would otherwise be missed.
In other situations, the HDR does not do any harm, and may help.

Yes, the rear camera or the telephoto camera HDR technically works very well. However, in practice, a super night or wdr camera on the rear window is better than hdr.
I don't agree, HDR allows for better WDR/better super night vision.

It may be that the HDR on the rear camera should be set up differently to HDR on the front camera, but I've not noticed that to be necessary.

I don't understand this, Starvis 2 is the best we have, HDR On or Off. What do you mean by "image transistions"?

The interior camera definitely wants HDR On day and night in my view.

Back