Viofo A329 Review

If Viofo are able to research and develop an ultra low power parking mode I agree it's worth having the option, but only if it is reliable.
If I'm at the supermarket then I want low bitrate with continuous recording, but after the parking duration timer has expired, I would like it to drop into sleep mode and wake up on impact. The impact wake up is definitely not ideal, but for me it is not worth the effort or cost of spending $100s on a big dashcam power bank installation or halving the car battery life to keep something better working. Radar wake up could be an option, but I'm not sure it is reliable enough to justify the cost, and if you park in the wrong place then it may be waking up far too often. Impact only wake up should be reliable and OK for the normal car battery.

I think we all heard you. Since you like low-bitrate parking mode, why do you keep asking Viofo for a feature you wouldn't use?
So, as I just explained, if both could be used, then I would configure the dashcam to use both, and I assume that @Panzer Platform would too...

Back