VIOFO UPGRADED VERSION BTR200 WIRELESS BLUETOOTH REMOTE CONTROL

Karagandinez

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Dash Cam
Viofo & Vantrue
The new BTR200 remote control is already on sale.

I've just ordered the new remote from the "international" VIOFO store at a price of £15.80. I ordered the 2Ch A229 Pro a few days ago from the VIOFO AliExpress store (as they had a good sale price and an extra Aliexpress discount) but the remote wasn't available at the time (and still doesn't seem to have appeared). I'm looking forward to setting it all up in a few weeks.

I received BTR200 today.
I tested the work first with A229 Pro, then with VS1. The firmware on A229 Pro is installed V1.3_240612, on VS1 V1.1_240419 is installed.
Everything works as stated. Super.
The main button blocks the file from being overwritten.
I configured the microphone button to turn the microphone on/off.
I assigned the third button to on/off HDR.

I think I will configure my 2nd and 3rd buttons in the same way. :)

Nice! I just updated both of my A229 Pro's to 1.3 and having a convenient and dedicated WiFi on/off button would be nice, especially since a press of the WiFi button that's too short simply changes camera angles on the LCD instead of turning on WiFi, whoops lol. I'm thinking of replacing the regular BT buttons in both of my cars and doing something like photo / WiFi for the two buttons.

Now I know exactly what BTR200 is and how it works.
Now I will order another button for another car. :cool:

I received BTR200 today.
I tested the work first with A229 Pro, then with VS1. The firmware on A229 Pro is installed V1.3_240612, on VS1 V1.1_240419 is installed.
Everything works as stated. Super.
The main button blocks the file from being overwritten.
I configured the microphone button to turn the microphone on/off.
I assigned the third button to on/off HDR.
Very nice, I wonder though because the latest current public firmware available on the Viofo website, for the VS1 is V1.0_240307 and not V1.1

But they do mention on the product page for the BTR200 that the VS1 needs updating, but how is that supposed to happen if V1.1 is not available to download for the public? @viofo @VIOFO-Support

Very nice, I wonder though because the latest current public firmware available on the Viofo website, for the VS1 is V1.0_240307 and not V1.1

But they do mention on the product page for the BTR200 that the VS1 needs updating, but how is that supposed to happen if V1.1 is not available to download for the public? @viofo @VIOFO-Support
【Compatible】Because of the firmware adaptation of the new function, only A229 Pro/A229 Plus Dashcams are supported at present.
Taken here:

【Compatible】Because of the firmware adaptation of the new function, only A229 Pro/A229 Plus Dashcams are supported at present.
Taken here:
:( hopefully soon for other models

:( hopefully soon for other models
The firmware I have installed: V1.1_240419 is already old.
Some users have a new one where they can turn off VS1 via the microphone button.
Stay tuned. ;)

Question:
Will new menu items for setting up the Bluetooth remote control be added to all models?

Answer:
We will add the Bluetooth remoto settings for other dashcams.

Patience, the main thing is patience. ;)

Last edited:
The firmware I have installed: V1.1_240419 is already old.
Some users have a new one where they can turn off VS1 via the microphone button.
Stay tuned. ;)

Question:
Will new menu items for setting up the Bluetooth remote control be added to all models?

Answer:
We will add the Bluetooth remoto settings for other dashcams.

Patience, the main thing is patience. ;)
True about patience. I always wait for public releases , not betas, of firmware - so little bit sad they haven't updated their download page yet. But should be soon as you say :)

True about patience. I always wait for public releases , not betas, of firmware - so little bit sad they haven't updated their download page yet. But should be soon as you say :)

Nice, ask and one shall receive :)

I hope it is reliable and remains paired with the camera

I hope it is reliable and remains paired with the camera
Today is the fourth day since I connected it to the A229 Pro and it remains connected.
No disconnection was observed.

Back