Viofo Waterproof Rear Cameras

ogzogz

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
03.jpg
A few years ago, I recommended a waterproof rear camera to @viofo @VIOFO-Support .
They said they were working on it and would send it when it was ready.

A lot of time has passed. In fact, there is a waterproof camera used for motorcycles. I thought this would be very simple with connection modification.

I see that waterproof camera options are on the list. A universal design was preferred as an image.

It currently appears to be only compatible with the A129 plus, RWC100.
01.jpg

02.jpg

05.jpg

The A129 plus standard rear camera had its own processor. This detail about the waterproof camera is not specified. We will find out when I examine it after it reaches me.

We will probably soon encounter a waterproof rear camera compatible with Viofo 3 CH supported cameras.

Last edited:
03.jpg
A few years ago, I recommended a waterproof rear camera to @viofo @VIOFO-Support .
They said they were working on it and would send it when it was ready.

A lot of time has passed. In fact, there is a waterproof camera used for motorcycles. I thought this would be very simple with connection modification.

I see that waterproof camera options are on the list. A universal design was preferred as an image.

It currently appears to be only compatible with the A129 plus, RWC100.
01.jpg

02.jpg

05.jpg

The A129 plus standard rear camera had its own processor. This detail about the waterproof camera is not specified. We will find out when I examine it after it reaches me.

We will probably soon encounter a waterproof rear camera compatible with Viofo 3 CH supported cameras.

Hopefully Starvis 2 for when it arrives for A229 series. Wish it could be wired as a back-up reversing camera too to a head unit, but probably a bit too much to ask ..

Hopefully Starvis 2 for when it arrives for A229 series. Wish it could be wired as a back-up reversing camera too to a head unit, but probably a bit too much to ask ..
Even if Starvis 2 is not available, FHD resolution will be quite sufficient when HDR is activated in the software.
The current waterproof camera has a Universal design. 70mai uses a similar type. However, since 70mai uses this camera connected to the mirror camera, there is also a reverse gear trigger connection.

Although the a229 screen is not too big, it is not too small either. Compared to the a129 series, it transmits clearer, higher quality images and objects can be selected.
When a waterproof rear camera arrives, I'll probably try mounting the A229 on the driver's side and using it as a rear view via voice command or button press.
In summary, there is no need for reverse triggering in current video cameras. However, let me suggest adding a small setting that should provide a mirror effect while driving and avoid a mirror effect while recording video. When the mirror camera is produced, it will have a cable to support triggering.@VIOFO-Support @viofo

Even if Starvis 2 is not available, FHD resolution will be quite sufficient when HDR is activated in the software.
The current waterproof camera has a Universal design. 70mai uses a similar type. However, since 70mai uses this camera connected to the mirror camera, there is also a reverse gear trigger connection.

Although the a229 screen is not too big, it is not too small either. Compared to the a129 series, it transmits clearer, higher quality images and objects can be selected.
When a waterproof rear camera arrives, I'll probably try mounting the A229 on the driver's side and using it as a rear view via voice command or button press.
In summary, there is no need for reverse triggering in current video cameras. However, let me suggest adding a small setting that should provide a mirror effect while driving and avoid a mirror effect while recording video. When the mirror camera is produced, it will have a cable to support triggering.@VIOFO-Support @viofo
Nice for the option for sure, since all new cars have a reversing camera. Would be nice as my reversing camera is potato quality.

Not all new cars have a rear view camera. Plus, not all cars have a rear window you can look through.
So the new waterproof camera will be useful for many dash cam users.

Not all new cars have a rear view camera. Plus, not all cars have a rear window you can look through.
So the new waterproof camera will be useful for many dash cam users.
A generalisation perhaps but in many territories the percentage of reversing aids / cameras is high. And this number is only going to increase in the next few years, so everyone will want a piece of the pie.

A generalisation perhaps but in many territories the percentage of reversing aids / cameras is high. And this number is only going to increase in the next few years, so everyone will want a piece of the pie.
When ordering a new car, there is this option: Rear view camera. Which increases the cost of a new car by 1500 euros.
Not everyone wants to pay money for this option. For many people, parking sensors are enough.

When ordering a new car, there is this option: Rear view camera. Which increases the cost of a new car by 1500 euros.
Not everyone wants to pay money for this option. For many people, parking sensors are enough.
Maybe in your territory, but not here in Australia. 70 to 80% have reversing cameras already and is mandated in 2025 to all new vehicles. Apparently been mandated in USA since 2018

Back