VIOFO WM1 - Improvement Wish List

Panzer Platform

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
2024 Minimum Requirements: STARVIS 2 & HDR
@viofo @VIOFO-Support

1.) Image Sensor: STARVIS 2 IMX678 (current IMX335)
2.) Processor: Novatek 96529 (current Novatek 96565)
3.) Resolution: 4K 3840 x 2160p (current 2K30fps 2560 x 1440p)
4.) Framerate: 60fps Option with HDR Off (current 30fps only)
5.) Bitrate: 100 Mbps (current 28 Mbps)
6.) HDR (remove current WDR)
7.) Lens Adjustment: 90° (current 75°)
8.) FOV: 120°-140° (current spec 135°) (actual 170°)
9.) Video Codec: H.264 Only (Remove H.265 Option)
10.) Max SD Card Capacity: 1 TB
11.) Wi-Fi: Dual Band 2.4GHz & 5GHz (current 2.4GHz only)
12.) LED Status Lights: Add GPS LED (current REC, MIC, Wi-Fi only)
13.) Voice Commands: Same as A119 Mini 2
14.) Power Supply: Separate Dual USB Charger & USB Type-C Cable (current one-piece CLA design)
15.) Mount / Hinge: Please make it stiffer / sturdier
16.) No Cloud & ADAS nonsense

@Panzer Platform, I don't know why you repeatedly indulge in these kind of threads other than to call attention to yourself.

The simple fact is that many of the items and features on your fantasy wish list would knock the WM1 right out of its price range.

A modestly priced, entry level camera like the WM1 is part of the Viofo line of cameras for a reason, as they have offerings at every price point.

Sticking a Starvis 2 sensor and a better processor in the WM1 along with other features already available in other more advanced cameras would only cannibalize sales of those other models in the Viofo line-up along with increasing the price of the WM1.

Maybe these features could happen sometime in the future when the new component prices finally come down and the camera is ready for an update as an entry level cam, but now is not the time.

Among other things associated with postings like this Panzer, you seem completely clueless about how product marketing works.

Last edited:
We don't want to make every dash cam a 4K dash cam with an IMX678 sensor, the heating is always a big challenge for a 4K dash cam.

There is some new tech we want to explore, we will choose which design and price point is best for that solution.

We don't want to make every dash cam a 4K dash cam with an IMX678 sensor, the heating is always a big challenge for a 4K dash cam.
OK, it's just a "wish" list.
Maybe you can meet me half way. lol
Maybe in 5 years all dash cash cams will have these specifications.
-Chuck

-Chuck
We have a more powerful dashcam than this, but not on WM1 design, not needed for 5 years.

and this is the problem... WM1 is finaly something I can mount in my car without any issues, every other design is simply not usable in my car.... but I would liek to buy high spec camera, and I dont have such option :(

-Chuck
I like these wish lists cos part of me wishes for it too. I know it's not necessarily practical but that doesn't mean I don't want it haha

Bitrate doesn't need to be 100mbps for me cos then the wifi would need to be wifi 6 at least, I'd say 50/60mbps would be plenty for moi. I agree on the rest but also have a USB-C to USB-C power option in the future, as car power ports push out more and USB-c is standardised in vehicles going forward

Back