18.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 6
The asymmetrical design can be both a blessing and a curse, at least that is what i think.

Hey DCM,
This is supposed to be a secret. lol
I know someone who has been testing it for a few months, but I can't say anything because I'm bound by confidentiality. lol
Oh yeah did you see the new BlackVue DR970X LTE, and DR770X LTE?
And there's also a new FCC ID for the Thinkware U1000 replacement.
Thanks again for teaching me that FCC ID look up trick. lol
-Chuck

This is interesting and I'm looking forward to seeing how it performs, what features it has, how reliable it is, etc.

One of the things I've come to appreciate about @viofo is that they are always coming up with unique, innovative and high quality products that are different than most of the other stuff we usually see on the market from other manufacturers that are more or less copies of what everybody else is doing. Even an apparently simple, small camera with a design like this can be an innovation if done right.

This is interesting and I'm looking forward to seeing how it performs, what features it has, how reliable it is, etc.

One of the things I've come to appreciate about @viofo is that they are always coming up with unique, innovative and high quality products that are different than most of the other stuff we usually see on the market from other manufacturers that are more or less copies of what everybody else is doing. Even an apparently simple, small camera with a design like this can be an innovation if done right.
Maybe this WM1 is meant to siphon off sales from the Garmin Mini 2.
I really like that camera, but c'mon it's only 1080p, and it costs $130. lol
If this can do everything the A119 Mini can do for a lower price around $80-$90, I think that it would be easy to steal Garmin's customers. lol

Looks interesting for sure and might be a decent competitor against Garmin Mini series.

Looks like it can also be used for RHD and LHD as the GPS mount looks like it has a hinge on it.
Of course it might only be to adjust the lens angle.

Having the capacitors sitting on top of the processor might reduce the capacitors reliable.

Looks interesting for sure and might be a decent competitor against Garmin Mini series.
We do have another one under development, better spec.

We'd like to develop a dashcam that can install under the mirror, that's why we develop the WM1.

Wondering what the front-facing LEDs / sensors are, on the opposite end of the camera from the lens?

Screenshot_20230107-105527-01.jpeg

This is definitely interesting. I didn't expect them to launch such a compact camera.
Looking forward to see what features this little thing has and what specs the other version has.

If it can mount on a vertical surface facing outward I can see it being useful as a side camera.

WDR= no license plate reading in night time recording :) .

Wondering what the front-facing LEDs / sensors are, on the opposite end of the camera from the lens?

View attachment 63570
Those are are screws used to secure the GPS module / windshield mount to the main body of the camera. Since the FCC pictures are now public knowledge, I guess I can share a couple of pictures of the exterior of the WM1 that I received for testing a few months ago.

1673105863222.png 1673105989350.png 1673106098939.png 1673106172154.png 1673106222230.png

Since the FCC pictures are now public knowledge, I guess I can share a couple of pictures of the exterior of the WM1 that I received for testing a few months ago.
What other cool things are you testing?
You're like the J. Edgar Hoover of dash cam secrets. lol

Back