Vosonic Flexmedia V747w

Ipaq

Reaction score
Country
United States
Don't seem to be able to find a cheap and reliable source for itronics ITB-100HD

Thinking about getting the Flexmedia V747w. WDR. No GPS or parking though, but I may not need those features. Priced at USD 180 to 200. Wondering if it's worth it.

Ipaq said:
Don't seem to be able to find a cheap and reliable source for itronics ITB-100HD

Thinking about getting the Flexmedia V747w. WDR. No GPS or parking though, but I may not need those features. Priced at USD 180 to 200. Wondering if it's worth it.

I feel the itronics is better on paper, also better form factor, not sure why the Taiwanese favour these big square designs, they're more difficult t mount and not discrete at all

The Flexmedia v747w, like many Taiwanese cameras, is expensive for what you get. On the positive side I have heard that this camera shoots good videos at night. Apparently it has a Wide Dynamic Range Sensor. I haven't spent much time investigating this camera but perhaps others can chime in.

I agree. I'd prefer something like the itronics, if I could find a reliable vendor. Discreteness is important to me. But I'm also concerned by so many posts on forum posting problem operating it (whether some users are just not as tech savy or whether the sold products are sometimes defective). I am thinking about the v747w because reviews of how WDR improves picture quality, and also because I can buy it from tw vendors which hopefully have some warranty. But yes, the chunky size really bugs me. Any news on a reliable itronics vendor yet?

So because of the bulky size of the tw dash cams, I am leaning toward the new blackvue DR500, which supposedly is feature packed and with great picture quality (reliability aside for now). But after looking at all the available videos uploaded on youtube, is it just me or... I feel the blackvue DR500 videos are not very "HD" (yes I have tried 1080p and also on ipad), most of the times you cannot make out the street signs, or license plates, even during the day, and the lights at night feel overly exposed. In compairson, the tw cams, like the v747w, or even the garmin gdr35, seem to be much crisper in picture. Another cam i am considering is the vico TF2. I really want to like the blackvue because inconspicuity is important to me, but I really question the picture quality. This is not to bash the blackvue, but to generate a discussion to help me n others to make an informed decision. I really don't want to mount a big squarey thing on my wind shield...

Ipaq said:
I really don't want to mount a big squarey thing on my wind shield...

yeah I'm not sure why the Taiwanese seem to like this big ugly square box, the components required will certainly fit within a Blackvue type size housing

Ipaq said:
I feel the blackvue DR500 videos are not very "HD" (yes I have tried 1080p and also on ipad), most of the times you cannot make out the street signs, or license plates, even during the day, and the lights at night feel overly exposed..
Blackvue DR500 is too overrated in my opinion, but have a nice Wi-Fi feature. FineVu CR-500HD is sitll the best and the Itronics ITB-100HD, but I like more the Itronics form factor and full black color.

enjoy,
Mtz

Hi Ipaq,

You are right about the BlackVue quality, it has declined. The original DR400G-HD had 10MBps bit rate and decent video quality. The season II had the lower bit rate 5MBps or 7.5 MBps (depending on setting) and complaints of video quality started occurring. The DR500GW-HD has the lower bit rate AND a wider viewing angle and video quality dropped again. With a higher bit rate (Russian hacked), the video quality is much better.

The other three:
Flexmedia V747W - Some people speak highly of the night quality
Garmin GDR35 - New but it appears decent, especially if looking for a dual camera solution
Vico TF2 - Not as much info on this but it does have a high max temperature

Really for video quality, the FineVu CR-500HD is arguably the best.

DashCamMan said:
Really for video quality, the FineVu CR-500HD is arguably the best.

it's a shame their form factor isn't more like the iTronics product to offer a more discrete installation

Hi,

Funny thing is I actually started leaning towards the finevu after my post. Its got an acceptable form factor. Sure its pricey but I was willing to pay for the blackvue (thanks for confirming my doubt of blackvue dr500's quality). So Ive been looking at the videos on youtube for finevu cr500. But I am still not impressed by the finevu, perhaps after looking at multiple tw cam videos in the past week. Can you look at some v747ws videos such as
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvwNIDoP ... ata_player
And tell me if you think finevu can produce as well a video? So far I was a little disappointed at the videos I been seeing for finevu as well... Sigh.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are so many city lights in that video that you can consider a daylight recording.
Here you can watch another night recording after second 50:
http://vimeo.com/51516787

enjoy,
Mtz

I think the best thing is to post that link in the Finevu thread and ask some user if can make the same recording conditions or maybe somebody already have it.

enjoy,
Mtz

Hard to say which one is better at night without a side to side comparison (same lighting conditions). In any case, the v747w has some of the better night videos I have seen. It is a very popular camera in Taiwan.

Here are some comparison videos:

Vico TF2 (top) vs v747w (bottom) - Vico TF2 looks better

v747w (top) vs Kapcam Q2 (F500LHD) - bottom

Some good videos at low light. Haven't seen it compared to the CR500-HD.

I've looked at most of the available Finevu CR500HD youtube clips, doesn't look like you can make out the license plate in front of you in any of the night time videos. And all the lighted signs are a blob...

DCM and Ipaq, please read here.

enjoy,
Mtz

Hello!
I have FLEXMEDIA VOSONIC V747W and i make testing with FineVu CR-500HD.
[img=left]http://auto-dvrs.ru/images/reviews/2013/05/19/V747W_2.jpg[/img]
[img=left]http://auto-dvrs.ru/images/reviews/2013/05/19/V747W_vs_CR500HD_1.jpg[/img]
V747W_angle_foto_2.jpg

VOSONIC V747W - very successful model.
Day video - very good.
Night video - good.
You can see full review VOSONIC V747W here.
Use translate.

Back