Vs1 faulty

Acheron

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Had my VS1 for about a month now.

Today on the drive home it is played the startup sound and immediately the switch off sound right after.

It is hardwired with the HK5 kit, but I powered it seperately (USB power bank) to test and it does the same thing.

Anyone had something similar?

Had my VS1 for about a month now.

Today on the drive home it is played the startup sound and immediately the switch off sound right after.

It is hardwired with the HK5 kit, but I powered it seperately (USB power bank) to test and it does the same thing.

Anyone had something similar?
Have you tried removing the memory card?

Have you tried removing the memory card?
Yes. With or without a memory card the issue is present.

The only difference without a memory card is the camera starts to say something about needing a memory card, but is cut off before finishing the sentence.

The camera is not in a restart loop. It shuts down completely until you power cycle the camera and then it does the same thing all over.

You may want to contact the retailer / seller, and request refund / replacement.
If they are unable / unwilling you may want to submit a support ticket to start a warranty claim with Viofo here;

In the mean time @viofo @VIOFO-Support may request you try to use the camera with the included USB Type-C power cable, and the included CLA charger to confirm & verify.
And of course using the included 32GB Viofo brand SD Card.

You may want to contact the retailer / seller, and request refund / replacement.
If they are unable / unwilling you may want to submit a support ticket to start a warranty claim with Viofo here;

In the mean time @viofo @VIOFO-Support may request you try to use the camera with the included USB Type-C power cable, and the included CLA charger to confirm & verify.
And of course using the included 32GB Viofo brand SD Card.
Yeah, tried the included cable and 12v car socket adapter as well. Same issue.

Again the memory card has no bearing on the issue. It does the same thing with or without the included 32gb Viofo brand card in the unit.

I've contacted the reseller, but they are already trying to insist that I must have done something wrong, despite using all of the Viofo accessories to connect the camera and having it function perfectly for weeks (in normal and parked modes) before suddenly starting with this problem today.

A video of the issue (mem card removed)

It sounds like you've done everything you can.
It sounds like the VS1 may be defective.
To start a warranty claim to get a replacement you'll need to submit a ticket here;

Yeah, tried the included cable and 12v car socket adapter as well. Same issue.

Again the memory card has no bearing on the issue. It does the same thing with or without the included 32gb Viofo brand card in the unit.

I've contacted the reseller, but they are already trying to insist that I must have done something wrong, despite using all of the Viofo accessories to connect the camera and having it function perfectly for weeks (in normal and parked modes) before suddenly starting with this problem today.

A video of the issue (mem card removed)
Silly question but you have tried resetting the camera by doing the button reset referred to in the manual?

Silly question but you have tried resetting the camera by doing the button reset referred to in the manual?
That's a good idea, I always forget about that.

Unfortunately nothing like that is noted in the manual for the VS1

Edit: Found it. No luck.

Unfortunately nothing like that is noted in the manual for the VS1

Edit: Found it. No luck.
:( as others have said time to bring it up to Viofo for their assistance on the matter, hopefully gets resolved for you soon

Back