Reaction score
Country
Turkey
0_01.jpg

0_15-1.jpg

Last edited:
It do look very tiny indeed.
But ! What about CPL ????

One would not be completely off if one was thinking Viofo have a designer that is into Danish design

What set it apart from the mini 2 ?????

One would not be completely off if one was thinking Viofo have a designer that is into Danish design

What set it apart from the mini 2 ?????
I think cpl is internal. I hope so.

The main difference between A119 Mini 2 and VS1; It looks like a screen.

The real comparison should be with wm1.
According to wm1, vs1 supports voice command and hdr.

From that image, it almost looks like it would fit in the microSD card case!

The CPL is pre-installed, but I think the first batch was going to be without CPL.

Did they have some assistance from the Kamkar Desgin Studio?

Reactions: Mtz
No i do not have any contact with Viofo anymore, i dont think my output is what they are looking for, at least it seem like others are now getting the attention and cameras.

Courtesy of @Mtz
Thank you!
The first VS1 version will have no CPL for sure. Because of this and to avoid some confusion I edited my Youtube video and removed that very short CPL video part.
The camera from that video is a factory sample and I proposed some solution for adding the CPL filter by the user but was not approved by Viofo so if someday a CPL version will be sold by Viofo it will pe with the CPL installed by their factory. Or if they will modify the front case and CPL to allow users installing. The camera is very small so is not many available space to do some extra things.

About the viofo.com presentation for VS1 I think the background pictures is too dark.

Thank you!
The first VS1 version will have no CPL for sure. Because of this and to avoid some confusion I edited my Youtube video and removed that very short CPL video part.
The camera from that video is a factory sample and I proposed some solution for adding the CPL filter by the user but was not approved by Viofo so if someday a CPL version will be sold by Viofo it will pe with the CPL installed by their factory. Or if they will modify the front case and CPL to allow users installing. The camera is very small so is not many available space to do some extra things.

About the viofo.com presentation for VS1 I think the background pictures is too dark.
One question:
Can the VS1 be mounted on a vertical truck windshield?
Thank you.

@Karagandinez
The features say it rotates 180°.
It can probably be laid flat both front and back. This will also work on float glass.
Of course @Mtz will give the correct answer.
Thank you. I saw the characteristics.
I wanted to get information from the person who held this model in his hands. ;)

The real comparison should be with wm1.
According to wm1, vs1 supports voice command and hdr.
The WM1 and VS1 models are slightly different.
WM1 has Sony STARVIS IMX335 Sensor without HDR.
VS1 has Sony STARVIS 2 Sensor plus HDR.
So it’s a little unfair to compare them.

For comparison with VS1, Mini 2 is more suitable.

I was an early tester of the VS1. Now that VIOFO has posted the product on their website, here's my quick overview video for the VS1. My full review with power consumption info and day/night comparison video footage will appear on my channel soon.

Last edited:
不,我不再与 Viofo 有任何联系,我不认为我的输出是他们正在寻找的,至少看起来其他人现在得到了关注和相机。
why?What aspects do you think are not good about

I dont know, Viofo will have to tell. One thing is for sure i totally respect Vifo do like Viofo feel like doing CUZ they are not harming anyone.

I do think the PPL that get cameras now also do a good job, maybe some times a bit technical, like how mah a system use, i personally do not really need that information but i would be interested in know for how long i can expect parking guard to run, but this is a very individual thing depending on your car battery size and condition.
I only use parking guard for 3 hours on a timer, so in the big picture it is not even a information i care much for.

why?What aspects do you think are not good about
@haiou_f
Are you a representative of a manufacturer, or retailer?
Pursuant to Rule #6 of the DCT Forum you must inform @DashCamMan so he can upgrade your status.
-Chuck

Screenshot 2024-01-03 5.33.40 PM.png

@haiou_f
Are you a representative of a manufacturer, or retailer?
Pursuant to Rule #6 of the DCT Forum you must inform @DashCamMan so he can upgrade your status.
-Chuck

View attachment 70047

不,我只是一个普通消费者,现在犹豫是否该买一台a229pro:giggle:

I do think the PPL that get cameras now also do a good job, maybe some times a bit technical, like how mah a system use, i personally do not really need that information but i would be interested in know for how long i can expect parking guard to run, but this is a very individual thing depending on your car battery size and condition.
I only use parking guard for 3 hours on a timer, so in the big picture it is not even a information i care much for.
The reason I started measuring power consumption of dash cams is, before I bought my first Viofo in February 2020 (A129 Pro), I was using $20 cheap junk dash cams from Walmart from 2018-2019.
When I got the A129 Pro I was surprised how much hotter the camera operated compared to my cheap $20 cameras.
I discovered power consumption is a tell tale indicator of how hot a camera will operate.
Over time I discovered the hotter a camera runs the more recording malfunctions it will have.
Almost all of my cheap $20 cameras were low power / low heat, and never had a recording malfunction, however the image quality was horrible.
Most Viofo’s are like “race car engines” running at 10,000RPM to get the best possible image quality so they generate a lot of heat.
So, parking mode duration is not really my concern, it’s HEAT.
-Chuck

No, I'm just an ordinary consumer, now hesitating whether to buy an a229pro
I’ve been testing the A229 Pro since September 2023.
When the firmware is 100% “completely finished” the A229 Pro will be my prediction pick of “best dash cam of 2024” based on image quality.

我自 2023 年 9 月以来一直在测试 A229 Pro。
当固件 100%“完全完成”时,A229 Pro 将成为我基于图像质量的“2024 年最佳行车记录仪”的预测选择。
It would be great if A119mini2 has three camera versions available,I'll buy A229pro when the price drops:傻笑:

Back