VIOFO VS1 | added CPL-400 test video

According to my overall review of VS1,

There was vibration in the camera body. I checked by removing the front cover and found that the capacitor was vibrating between the cover and the center. I prevented this vibration by making a small touch on both sides with insulation material.View attachment 71300

When I do a driving test with the CPL filter sent by @viofo , it is possible to get a very effective, smooth image.View attachment 71302 If you choose cpl, a small modification will be required.

My expectations for VS1 in future versions are;
21:9 resolution,
volume adjustment,
Turning LED lights on and off..

I can say that Viofo VS1 is a complete man of duty.

@VIOFO-Support
I added expectations in my previous comment.
When I look at the changes, there is no visible change at the moment. I'll see how it reacts while driving.

We cannot say that 21:9 resolution, notification level adjustment and LED off/on setting are essential, but if it is, it will add value.

@VIOFO-Support
I added expectations in my previous comment.
When I look at the changes, there is no visible change at the moment. I'll see how it reacts while driving.

We cannot say that 21:9 resolution, notification level adjustment and LED off/on setting are essential, but if it is, it will add value.
Thanks for your suggestions (y). We will take them into consideration.

According to my overall review of VS1,

There was vibration in the camera body. I checked by removing the front cover and found that the capacitor was vibrating between the cover and the center. I prevented this vibration by making a small touch on both sides with insulation material.View attachment 71300

When I do a driving test with the CPL filter sent by @viofo , it is possible to get a very effective, smooth image.View attachment 71302 If you choose cpl, a small modification will be required.

My expectations for VS1 in future versions are;
21:9 resolution,
volume adjustment,
Turning LED lights on and off..

I can say that Viofo VS1 is a complete man of duty.

The expected vs1 CPL filter is on sale. I have shared test images before. I can say that he does his job very well.
viofo-cpl-400-filter-anti-glare-circular-polarizing-lens-for-vs1-dash-camera.jpg

Do you have before and after examples?

Before and after comparison of CPL-400 filter for VS1.

The glass surface is a little dirty and the weather is not completely sunny. So you can see that the light affects a larger area. And you can watch test a paper towel to show the difference.

CPL filter is a must. @viofo @VIOFO-Support

Last edited:
Before and after comparison of CPL-400 filter for VS1.

The glass surface is a little dirty and the weather is not completely sunny. So you can see that the light affects a larger area. And you can watch test a paper towel to show the difference.

CPL filter is a must. @viofo @VIOFO-Support
Bye bye reflections!

Viofo said:
it works in the same way as polarized sunglasses.
Polarised sunglasses do not have a CPL, they use an LPL.

Could someone test the VS1 CPL to see if it is actually a CPL?

Just hold it in front of the camera and rotate it a little, exactly as in the above video, but hold it facing rearwards instead of the normal forwards. If it still works correctly then it is not a CPL, and does work in the same way as polarised sunglasses.

I ordered these filters for the rear cameras of the A229 Pro/Plus.
I've tested them and they work in both directions.

hold it facing rearwards instead of the normal forwards.
I've tested them and they work in both directions.
Just FYI.
When Viofo sent me the CPL-300 for the A229 Pro Rear cameras I was given instructions to install them in the correct orientation, (outside / inside);

CPL Filter Inside & Outside .jpeg
CPL Filters .jpg

Just FYI.
When Viofo sent me the CPL-300 for the A229 Pro Rear cameras I was given instructions to install them in the correct orientation, (outside / inside);
I just tested the exact same filters and they work in both directions. So you can install them from any direction.
WhatsApp Bild 2024-04-25 um 12.35.24_5ca960c9.jpg

Polarised sunglasses do not have a CPL, they use an LPL.

Could someone test the VS1 CPL to see if it is actually a CPL?
If it works, does it matter whether it is CPL or LPL?

If it works, does it matter whether it is CPL or LPL?
It does not matter, there is no advantage in a CPL (circular polariser) over a LPL (linear polariser); potentially the LPL may be slightly better/brighter due to not having the C layer in the optical path, but you probably can't tell or even measure the difference.

Sunglasses always work fine with LPLs, and since this is rectangular, it can't be installed with poor adjustment either by the customer or by the factory, it can't even be installed backwards if it is an LPL!

It is interesting that the marketing describes it as a Circular Polarising Filter when it isn't, but that is not a problem for dashcam use. Maybe they should have described it as a Rectangular Polarising Filter, better than a CPL?

It could be that there is an anti-reflection coating on one side, which will work best if it is the correct way around.

Back