Walmart Dash Cam CL-3002WK Not remembering settings.

kens97sto171

Reaction score
Country
United States
Bought this Dash Cam because I needed one that day... full well knowing the video quality was not fantastic.
And am now using a G1W-C as its replacement, for forward facing out the windshield
Anyway. The Walmart cam has seemed to work OK..
I was planning on re purposing the Walmart cam to record inside the car, using the IR lights. .. To do that I need to invert the video, and leave on the IR lights.
Problem I am having is that it does NOT remember SOME of it's settings... If you tell it to invert the screen, or to use 720P. Power it off, it is back the way it was. The IR lights don't stay on either... if you power it off and On.
But it DOES remember things like Button BEEP on/off, Motion Detection on/off, Date and Time display etc.
Only two things it seems to forget is of course the two things I freaking need it to remember.
This is my firmware version. 14D-V03
Anybody have some ideas?? I think it is a Pilot Automotive CL-3002WK
It is labeled FHD 1080P on the front of the cam
Thanks so much.
Ken

this is a bottom of the barrel camera that mass market retailers seem to love, you're unlikely to find a firmware update for it, let alone one that fixes anything

I think I'd be inclined to just let it record upside down and invert the video with the playback software

Back