Warning...be careful inserting the microSD card!!

dwpc

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just had a $15 lesson as I had a brand new Samsung 32G microSD card disappear down my defroster slot when it literally shot out of the slot on the B40C camera as I tried to seat it with my fingernail. And I was trying to be careful because I realized it may happen! :mad: :mad: :(
Note to B40 case makers: add a finger depression around the card slot so the card can be seated and released without using one's fingernail!

I had one of mine shoot out when I was taking it out and it went down a seam in my dash in front of the speedometer - I had to pull the dash apart a bit to get it back. I'm more careful now, but that was super annoying. I do wish the card was a bit easier to take out when you intended to do so, but I've found that the safest way now is to take the camera off the mount to take the card out.

Another "fix" is to attach about half an inch of scotch tape to the end of the card so that it sticks out of the slot and gives you something to grab on to and keep it from flying away so easily.

Back