Warning! Dont buy dashcams from this site

gr8pics

Reaction score
Country
Norway
If you buy cams from them, youre completely on your own, cause they wont help you, and they wont refund your money either.
www.mycarcam.nl.
The simply couldnt care less about as a customer once theyve got your money.
I bought a Ione 3800, it doesnt work, its not possible to upgrade firmware, or not possible to use the Viewer.
They replied once with cryptic useless info from the vendor, after that ive sent them a bunch of mails, not a single word from them.
Real amateurs and crocks.
You have hereby been warned...

www.mycarcam.nl.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats again and again I encourage people to buy from reputable vendors with good customer aftersales service.

reinforces the point that buying locally doesn't always mean great aftersales service, research your purchase and buy where the reputation is

Locally would be in your town, but if you have to pay shipping product to your door then look at other overseas sellers too. This person must have not realized how much information this site provides. People make decisions to buy products based on experience of others and that's where he failed to grasp the concept. Bad rep in online world means quick decline in overall business. Jokiin may correct me but that's the way I look at this situation.

Locally would be in your town, but if you have to pay shipping product to your door then look at other overseas sellers too. This person must have not realized how much information this site provides. People make decisions to buy products based on experience of others and that's where he failed to grasp the concept. Bad rep in online world means quick decline in overall business. Jokiin may correct me but that's the way I look at this situation.

well I think some people prefer to buy locally, even if that means in their country but not necessarily nearby because local consumer laws are better able to protect them, warranty problems dealt with locally, no customs issues on imported products etc, that sort of thing

there could be some legitimate reason things have gone wrong, email problems or whatever, if you sell online though be prepared to be crucified online for all your customers to see if things go wrong and it can quickly impact your business, if this user had just signed up and it was a first post complaint about a retailer then I'd be skeptical, not a new member though so I'd tend to think there are problems

With a forum like this and the search function one can quickly find something about the quality of a seller. Just use search for "SellerName" and see what messages pop up. Personally If I see negative messages, it's a big red flag. Also, "Owner Feedback on Vendors" is a great area to see how a vendor is doing.

I noticed this vendor is "certified" by a Dutch home shopping organization (Thuiswinkel.org). Have you tried to file your complaint there? My experience with bad stores is they will be much more responsive if you follow that route...

reinforces the point that buying locally doesn't always mean great aftersales service, research your purchase and buy where the reputation is

Thats is true, thats why I've just ordered a third camera from E-Prance, If you have a problem they will reply to emails and try and sort it out to your satisfaction, I've found them very good to deal with. Obviously they cannot perform miracles, like all companies they are in business to make money, and there's nothing wrong with that, we all have to make a living. They are always polite and very friendy which is more than I was when I had a small issue initially, but it was quickly sorted to my satisfaction, and my second camera has been good also. Hope the 3rd one is also a good one...lol

Thats is true, thats why I've just ordered a third camera from E-Prance, If you have a problem they will reply to emails and try and sort it out to your satisfaction, I've found them very good to deal with. Obviously they cannot perform miracles, like all companies they are in business to make money, and there's nothing wrong with that, we all have to make a living. They are always polite and very friendy which is more than I was when I had a small issue initially, but it was quickly sorted to my satisfaction, and my second camera has been good also. Hope the 3rd one is also a good one...lol

It is always test and try with new un-known vendors. Better buy from reputable, like E-Prance, Foxoffer, Saddle and other vendors who has a good after-sales feedback.

Thanks gr8pics, I've advised my English contacts to stay clear and spread the word. I'll only purchase from reputable sellers, fortunately to date every purchase has been solid.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Just a little heads up on this one.
Seller has been slow even since before i placed my order.
Heres his last mail of 9th of September, after the previous one i got from them after the order of 15th og August.:
"Hi,
I'm sorry to hear that did not help you out. Try the following:
* Disintall the viewer completely from your computer, and download it again.
Meanwhile I will ask the manufacturer about this issue, we have never confronted this before. We will try to solve this as soon as possible.

Hereby the response of the manufacturer:
"is there any problem with recording?
he needs to right version of viewer, I mean if he downloads and update latest firmware, he has to use latest viewer also..
And he needs to set it form another PC also.. If it works on other PC, there is anything we can do as you think..
and the signal is something wrong with connection but mostly that is no problem if the LED light is on after blinking ... But there is no LED, he needs to check the connection between fake and female jacks..
if all of the problem is OK, he needs to contact the seller to replacement.. GPS is not that complicated device so, I don't think that is problem..
In a short, there are two options that one is jack connection(he has to boot up the device after connecting jacks) and one is device firmware (he has to download latest one, please notice him that there have to be stable power when he upgrade firmware)"
Besides the answer, I have included the standard set-up in the attachment. You will have to put 'noeffect', 'system.cfg' and 'time.cfg' in a map called 'config' (see attached picture), the 'videotype' is seperated.
Personally i think you need to re-install the firmware on the dashcam. Let me know whether the GPS works!

Best regards,
Mark Kalse

MyCarcam.nl

Op Sat, 07 Sep 2013 09:48:49 +0200 schreef

Hi, that didnt work.

When i try to save it, i get a Runtime error C++.

Tried to update drivers, but doesnt help.

Clips is not possible in Viewer.

Vers does not show in Viewer either, so i dont know about gps other than its not litt when in use.

What to do next?

Best regards (me)"
-------------------------------

After his last mail, i replied with this:
"Hi,
The first part i figured out long time ago, besides, there are no other vers available.
From there, i dont understand a word hes saying, do i need to buy an extra PC to make it work?
The led, i have no idea what he talks about, fake jacks? never heard about such thing…
Firmware has been update exactly per instructions.
I dont think the problem lies withing the camera or firmware, but rather the Viever vers, which is the only available vers out there.

Like i said before, the firmware vers doesnt show up in the viewer, its BLANK, whick tells me it cannot read the info from the camera, nor write back to it.

May i suggest a downgrade of both firmware and viewer?
Best regards"

After his last mail i sent him 4 new ones without reply.
When i opened a dispute with Paypal, he still remained silent.
However he managed to hide behind Paypal system, and i was instructed to return the camera, covering the return cost myself, which is 50€ for signed for mail.
You imagine trusting this idiot and pay another 50€ to cover return of a product im not even sure i will get refund for? Dont think so... Paypal, they hide behind their own marvelous "case closed, goodbye" system, with no possibilities to comment or explain things.

MyCarcam.nl is a scam and amateur, end of story.

Just a little heads up on this one.
Seller has been slow even since before i placed my order.
Heres his last mail of 9th of September, after the previous one i got from them after the order of 15th og August.:
"Hi,
I'm sorry to hear that did not help you out. Try the following:
* Disintall the viewer completely from your computer, and download it again.
Meanwhile I will ask the manufacturer about this issue, we have never confronted this before. We will try to solve this as soon as possible.

Hereby the response of the manufacturer:
"is there any problem with recording?
he needs to right version of viewer, I mean if he downloads and update latest firmware, he has to use latest viewer also..
And he needs to set it form another PC also.. If it works on other PC, there is anything we can do as you think..
and the signal is something wrong with connection but mostly that is no problem if the LED light is on after blinking ... But there is no LED, he needs to check the connection between fake and female jacks..
if all of the problem is OK, he needs to contact the seller to replacement.. GPS is not that complicated device so, I don't think that is problem..
In a short, there are two options that one is jack connection(he has to boot up the device after connecting jacks) and one is device firmware (he has to download latest one, please notice him that there have to be stable power when he upgrade firmware)"
Besides the answer, I have included the standard set-up in the attachment. You will have to put 'noeffect', 'system.cfg' and 'time.cfg' in a map called 'config' (see attached picture), the 'videotype' is seperated.
Personally i think you need to re-install the firmware on the dashcam. Let me know whether the GPS works!

Best regards,
Mark Kalse

MyCarcam.nl

Op Sat, 07 Sep 2013 09:48:49 +0200 schreef

Hi, that didnt work.

When i try to save it, i get a Runtime error C++.

Tried to update drivers, but doesnt help.

Clips is not possible in Viewer.

Vers does not show in Viewer either, so i dont know about gps other than its not litt when in use.

What to do next?

Best regards (me)"
-------------------------------

After his last mail, i replied with this:
"Hi,
The first part i figured out long time ago, besides, there are no other vers available.
From there, i dont understand a word hes saying, do i need to buy an extra PC to make it work?
The led, i have no idea what he talks about, fake jacks? never heard about such thing…
Firmware has been update exactly per instructions.
I dont think the problem lies withing the camera or firmware, but rather the Viever vers, which is the only available vers out there.

Like i said before, the firmware vers doesnt show up in the viewer, its BLANK, whick tells me it cannot read the info from the camera, nor write back to it.

May i suggest a downgrade of both firmware and viewer?
Best regards"

After his last mail i sent him 4 new ones without reply.
When i opened a dispute with Paypal, he still remained silent.
However he managed to hide behind Paypal system, and i was instructed to return the camera, covering the return cost myself, which is 50€ for signed for mail.
You imagine trusting this idiot and pay another 50€ to cover return of a product im not even sure i will get refund for? Dont think so... Paypal, they hide behind their own marvelous "case closed, goodbye" system, with no possibilities to comment or explain things.

MyCarcam.nl is a scam and amateur, end of story.

Dear Christopher,

We do understand your frustration because the dashcam did not work for you the way it should have done. We have helped you as much (investing quite some time) as we could and tried to get to a solution, that did not work, so: We offered you to send the dascham back and get a full refund. As you stated above you did not trust us on the refund, something we can't do anything about.

Besides that, just to be clear, we did not 'hide' behind the PayPal-system. PayPal is known to be quite harsh on sellers, and in favor of the customer. Even PayPal agreed with us that the best option was a full refund, since it was unlikely that we could get the dashcam working on your PC, which is still quite remarkeble.

Final word; we already have quite a lot of people in Holland and Belgium who drive around with a Jaewon camera, and so far the expierences are good. Sometimes there are some start-up problems with the software, but we manage to fix this.

So this all said, we feel very sorry for your bad experience with this camera, and us, as a company.

Best regards,

Mark Kalse
MyCarcam.nl

I remember when this guy first appeared here

http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/index.php?threads/jaewoncnc-iroad-ione-3800fu.505/page-7#post-13001

I think he is "self-made" un-professional "re-seller".

Thats again and again I ecourage people to buy from reputable vendors with good customer aftersales service.

Why would we be 'self-made' and an 'un-professional reseller'? No need to call names like this without knowing what we do. We are actually one of the leading online dashcam-sellers in the Netherlands and Belgium.

Last edited by a moderator:
No need to call names like this without knowing what we do.

... partially agree with you on this. Me and many others did conclusions based on feedback from forum members.

We are actually one of the leading online dashcam-sellers in the Netherlands and Belgium.

... I am glad that your are leading in Netherlands and Belgium, but if you registered on this forum and left marks in the past here, - then it would be more professional to keep eye on what people talk regarding you, what concerns they have in order to prevent misunderstanding, otherwise if no replays are made to their posts, then of course it is easy for people to make certain conclusions.

Hope you understand what I am trying to say.

Hope you have sorted out outstanding issues and can replay to forum members messages much quicker.

Sorry if my assumptions were wrong, they were based on feedback as mentioned before.

Why would we be 'self-made' and an 'un-professional reseller'? No need to call names like this without knowing what we do. We are actually one of the leading online dashcam-sellers in the Netherlands and Belgium.

Such a crock of ****!
Let me pitch in on that, and as a person who REALLY knows what you do.
The initial reason for handing it over to Paypal, was my 5 last mails you never bothered to answer, completely ignored, and you were the leading in Neth and Belgium of what, crap? Sure, cant argue with you on that.

Besides that, just to be clear, we did not 'hide' behind the PayPal-system. PayPal is known to be quite harsh on sellers, and in favor of the customer
Funny how you know so much about this topic, ey? ;)

To sum it up pretty well, you reply to my previous post 2 months later, not caring much about customers or reputation, or wait, it was just a coincidence you stopped by here now to excuse yourself? Or are you simply not so busy anymore being the leading provider and suddenly got time to swing by here for random reasons? I think everybody knows the answer to all these questions without you commenting on it...

I say, be stupid, buy from Dashcamtalk.com, or be smart, and buy from someone else, the choice is always yours ;)

Niko, your assumptions are perfectly correct, and as you may read between the line above, what goes around comes around, always :)

Niko, your assumptions are perfectly correct, and as you may read between the line above, what goes around comes around, always :)

My assumptions are only based on what I read from feedback. Never had experience with that vendor myself.

Last edited:
I think the word fake jacks was a interpretation error and maybe should have read male and female jacks .......just checked on google maps and they are located around 300 km from me thats a 600km round trip.....A little too far so close to christmas to pay a personal visit Maybe in the new year Ipol

A hands on experience should shed some light as to what is and what isnt regarding the retailer in question. It will at least clarify the facts ..........@ gr8pics......I am not disputing your disappointment or complaints with regards to your dealings with the said company. I am intrigued enough to find out at first hand what kind of company it is........Besides its been over 2 years since we drove up through Belgium and into Holland ......my clogs have worn down to shavings (wood) you believe..... time for a new pair......:D Ipol

Back