? Warranty repair for Lukas

Google

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I was just wondering what is the process should you need warranty repair?

Is there a regional authorized service centre, say one in Canada or USA or are you stuck with shipping it to Korea and waiting 2-3 months to get it back and having to pay shipping/duty/taxes?

No, I didn't buy it from anyone named Korea. My salesman's name is John.

John is an indy store owner in Canada. I am also located close to the USA, so either is an option.
I wasn't able to find any details from Lukas on how to go about doing an RMA should I need to and where to send the RMA request to.

John is an indy store owner in Canada. I am also located close to the USA, so either is an option.
I wasn't able to find any details from Lukas on how to go about doing an RMA should I need to and where to send the RMA request to.

RMA goes back to the vendor, if it has to go to Korea (the place, not the person :rolleyes: ) then that's the vendors issue, not yours

RMA goes back to the vendor, if it has to go to Korea (the place, not the person :rolleyes: ) then that's the vendors issue, not yours

Each DashCam reseller is responsible for all RMA issues. DashCam factories won't be involved directly.

Hmm. I am not sure about that. Like computer equipment and parts, you buy from vendor ABC and if you're lucky they have RMA service; otherwise, you deal with the manufacturer. In the absence of any laws stating to the contrary, it is quite typical that you're stuck with dealing directly with the manufacturer. Maybe Lukas is different, but I don't know many indy stores that offer RMA service. If anyone has any (legal) info or Luka's terms and conditions to the contrary, please let me know.

if there were a 'Lukas Canada' they might have that kind of arrangement, contact Lukas Korea though and there's every chance they'll just fob you off and tell you to talk to where you bought it from, the forum here is full of the same sorts of stories

Unfortunately, no Lukas Canada. A few stores though that are listed. For the USA, it's FineDashCam: http://lukashd.com/eng/contact_info/distributors.html
If Lukas fob's people, that should be a big warning to folks about the company. I mean, what if the store you bought the cam from goes out of business ? The consumer is left to suffer? I don't think the (South) Korean people would put up with that.

I'm not aware of any DashCam factories that deal with the end user directly for RMA issues. Korea, China, Taiwan, all the same.
Ouch....disposable dashcam?

Unfortunately, no Lukas Canada. A few stores though that are listed. For the USA, it's FineDashCam: http://lukashd.com/eng/contact_info/distributors.html
If Lukas fob's people, that should be a big warning to folks about the company. I mean, what if the store you bought the cam from goes out of business ? The consumer is left to suffer? I don't think the (South) Korean people would put up with that.

often there's no representation, just some startup that has bought some stock and trying their luck in the market, the USA distributor might help but if the product from Canada wasn't sourced through them they can (and most likely will) refuse to help, all depends which channel the product comes from as to what happens, the bad thing for you as a consumer is that you don't have any way of knowing where you're at until you need service

often there's no representation, just some startup that has bought some stock and trying their luck in the market, the USA distributor might help but if the product from Canada wasn't sourced through them they can (and most likely will) refuse to help, all depends which channel the product comes from as to what happens, the bad thing for you as a consumer is that you don't have any way of knowing where you're at until you need service
That does suck. Fortunately, I paid by credit card and the purchase has "purchase protection" through the CC company. It allows me to double the warranty repair period up to 2 years. The warranty on Lukas dashcams is 12 months. So, if the vendor is no longer around and I can't get RMA support, I would make a claim with my credit card company. I would have to make a case that the camera is not repairable. If successful, the CC company would reimburse me for the cost of the dashcam.

Next time you purchase a dash cam, take a look at our line up at BlackBoxed.ca. With any of our dash cams, we will replace it for you if anything goes wrong within the one year warranty period! You only have to mail it to us in Toronto and you dont need to deal with manufacturers overseas. Leave the hard work to us ;)

Kelvin

Last edited:
Since shipping to Korea for RMA is not an option, I likely won't be buying Lukas again should there be issues. I would probably buy Garmin from Costco.

Back