Waterproof SooCoo S60 Action Camera

Pavle

Reaction score
Country
Serbia
Hello guys,

Firstly, my apologies for posting this in SJCAM forum, but I was unable to find more suitable place.
Please admins if you find better location for this post, move it there.

Recently Sunny @GearBest suggested that I do a review on SooCoo S60 action camera.

If you prefer reading
(more detailed info on how to setup camera, options etc)
>>> Here is my full review
http://sjcamguides.com/soocoo-s60-wifi-sports-action-camera-review/

And of course here is a video review which includes plenty of stuff. If you do not want to watch entire video, please check video description for time table content.

Some photos from manufacturers website. More images can be seen in my review.
View attachment 13391
Disclaimer : I have received this item free of charge, but I really did my best to be objective and present product the way it is.

View attachment 13393 View attachment 13394
SPECS
Chipset Name: Novatek
Chipset : Novatek 96655
Special Function: USB function, HDMI output
Capacity : 1050mAh rechargable lithium battery
Charge Way : AC adapter, USB charge by PC
Screen Size: 1.5inch
Screen Type: LCD
Video Format: MOV
Video Resolution : 1080P (1920 x 1080), 720P (1280 x 720)
Video System: NTSC, PAL
Video Frame Rate: 1080P(30fps) / 720P(60fps) / WVGA(60fps) / VGA(120fps)
Video Output: HDMI
PC CAM: 1280 x 720
Image Format : JPG
Image Resolution : 2M (1920 x 1080), 12M (4032 x 3024), 10M (3648 x 2736)
Audio System: Built-in microphone/speacker (AAC)
Exposure Compensation: -0.7, +2, -5/3, 2/3, -0.3, -4/3, +4/3, 0, -2/3, +5/3, +0.3, -1.3, +1.3, -2, +0.7, -1, +1.7, -1.7, +1
White Balance Mode: Daylight, Auto, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Cloudy
Scene: Auto
Product Weight: 0.094 kg
Package Weight: 0.8 kg
Product Size (L x W x H): 6.7 x 7 x 4.5 cm / 2.6 x 2.7 x 1.7 inches
Package Size (L x W x H): 23 x 18 x 8 cm

Anyone else has this camera? What do you think about it? For any questions feel free to ask here, on my article on or YouTube video.

If admin can move this thread to appropriate forum, that would be great. Thanks in advance. I had no idea where to post, sorry.

If admin can move this thread to appropriate forum
I am a little curious where Action Camera reviews like this go as well.

@CheckYourLights Perhaps it would be good to add SooCoo section, or at least Other section?

Anyway, if someone has this camera and wants to share his/her experience, or has some questions about it feel free to ask.

@CheckYourLights Perhaps it would be good to add SooCoo section, or at least Other section?

Anyway, if someone has this camera and wants to share his/her experience, or has some questions about it feel free to ask.
Or a general ActionCam section

I am just testing SooCoo C10, a new cam on the market. It appears to have Novatek 96655.
I am wondering if anyone from manufacturers @jokiin or @niko knows if this sensor can make 12MP images (In my opinion it can, but I am struggling to find any specs online). I am confused since for this camera GearBest claims it has Aptina, while BangGood and few others claims it has Novatek. In my image output it clearly says Novatek, but what confuses me is F stop of 1.8.
According to official site, it should be 2.0
Am I getting too obsessed or?

Original image file here https://www.dropbox.com/s/gudwizk1o2hy4du/2015_0101_003532_002.JPG?dl=0

GB Manufacturer http://www.soocoo.cc/portfolio/sooc...1080p-170-wide-angle-lens-sports-hd-camcorder

I am just testing SooCoo C10, a new cam on the market. It appears to have Novatek 96655.
I am wondering if anyone from manufacturers @jokiin or @niko knows if this sensor can make 12MP images (In my opinion it can, but I am struggling to find any specs online). I am confused since for this camera GearBest claims it has Aptina, while BangGood and few others claims it has Novatek. In my image output it clearly says Novatek, but what confuses me is F stop of 1.8.
According to official site, it should be 2.0
Am I getting too obsessed or?

Original image file here https://www.dropbox.com/s/gudwizk1o2hy4du/2015_0101_003532_002.JPG?dl=0

GB Manufacturer http://www.soocoo.cc/portfolio/sooc...1080p-170-wide-angle-lens-sports-hd-camcorder

Thanks, but I am not manufacturer (yet), - if not to take into account brackets / mounts and other DIY stuff "manufacturing" ;)

If you check photo files properties, it says NOVATEK. F-stop of that picture is 1.8 and max aperture is 1.6.
Chipset is 96655 and CMOS sensor us Aptina AR0330 as mentioned in specifications. 12Mpix is interpolation.

Thanks a lot Niko, appreciate it, sorry I thought you manufacture cameras, because you have tons of knowledge.
Still, I am quite satisfied with image quality, and 12mp looks quite decent compared to other cameras. F-stop is something that confused me. Thanks a lot! Appreciate it.

Thanks a lot Niko, appreciate it, sorry I thought you manufacture cameras, because you have tons of knowledge.
Still, I am quite satisfied with image quality, and 12mp looks quite decent compared to other cameras. F-stop is something that confused me. Thanks a lot! Appreciate it.

Actually part of developing, testing, ideas etc. - you may call it also part of manufacturing ;)

Regarding F-stop and aperture figures you see "on the paper", - they are not always that important as the quality of the lens and firmware tune-up. You can have expensive lens with 2.0 aperture lens which will outperform cheaper lens with 1.6 aperture.

Hehe, reading some of the Chinglish in those ads is funny.
Quote: "Better surprise, surprise"
So guys, what is better than a surprise? A surprise of course :D

;)

If you check photo files properties, it says NOVATEK. F-stop of that picture is 1.8 and max aperture is 1.6.

I thought the F number is not right if checked the files properties, I have checked some, I see all of them the F number is F1.8, actual the lens is not F1.8 lens.
For an action camera, most of manufactures will choose F2.8 or F2.4, the night video quality is not so important, but a good F2.8 lens also can have good night video quality.

Good afternoon, my soocoo S60 caught the home screen, already took the battery and nothing to do ? On the screen ( orange)

Any of you all got any suggestions for helmet mounted action camera? Continuously opposed this as of recently, yet under pressure at home! I need something little.

Back