Went shopping ! ( GT300 dash cam )

That's pretty similar to what I thought they would say.

A friend of mine was charged with failing to stop at a stop sign amongst other things for "causing" a crash.

She was wanting to pull into a highway late at night, came to a stop at the stop sign, seeing it was safe she pulled into the highway, to be t-boned by a drink driver who had not switched their headlights on.

A friend of mine was charged with failing to stop at a stop sign amongst other things for "causing" a crash.

She was wanting to pull into a highway late at night, came to a stop at the stop sign, seeing it was safe she pulled into the highway, to be t-boned by a drink driver who had not switched their headlights on.

Evidence ! Why I will cam up , nothing less than forward and reverse cams with GPS data logging ...
My next Dash cam will be a GPS data logger ...
Just have to have my car serviced ( Auto trans tomorrow ) , then the 150,000K service , then a GPS data logging dash cam ... ( $$.$$ )

so in a he-said-she-said situation, they actually believed the DRUNK? i find that hard to believe.

so in a he-said-she-said situation, they actually believed the DRUNK? i find that hard to believe.

As did I.

From what I was told, she was charged with the stop sign violation, the drunk driver was charged with drink driving and no headlights, and both with something similar to causing an accident.

I find it ridiculous that they can say both parties are the "cause" in a situation like this, but laws in this state are often nonsensical. I've been told by an ex-copper that it's not uncommon for police to do this, and then let the courts decide who is at fault.

right, and i'm sure the judges have nothing better to do than litigate BS like that. sounds like the cops are on the take from the lawyers to generate business for each other.

Nope . here on Oz both parties can be guilty ...
As a road user you have legal obligations . like driving safely .
And a lot of the time ( Road laws ) there is the assumption of guilt built into the road law ...
Like hitting the car in front ! = You are automatically the party at fault ..
Because if you had been safe , the accident would never have occurred ... ( If you had been paying attention , safe distance , safe speed etc )

so even though it's night and the drunk moron had no lights, you're apparently supposed to spontaneously develop night vision? i'd sue the state if the laws are that obtuse. that's how laws get changed these days, unfortunately.

so even though it's night and the drunk moron had no lights, you're apparently supposed to spontaneously develop night vision? i'd sue the state if the laws are that obtuse. that's how laws get changed these days, unfortunately.

How a drunk driver without lights could not be at fault ?
I have no idea at all .. ( sounds incredible )
But lets remember , we dont have any of the facts ! So are in no position to offer an educated opinion .

How a drunk driver without lights could not be at fault ?
I have no idea at all .. ( sounds incredible )
But lets remember , we dont have any of the facts ! So are in no position to offer an educated opinion .
i'm not saying the drunk is not at fault. i'm saying the girl shouldn't have been charged with anything unless it could be proven (via video or witnesses) that she ran the stop sign.

in the US in most cases if you're driving drunk and are involved in an accident, you will have the book thrown at you even if you weren't 100% at fault.

i'm not saying the drunk is not at fault. i'm saying the girl shouldn't have been charged with anything unless it could be proven (via video or witnesses) that she ran the stop sign.

in the US in most cases if you're driving drunk and are involved in an accident, you will have the book thrown at you even if you weren't 100% at fault.

Yeah , Im not saying one way or the other .. In regards to the female driver ...
One would need to see the accident report to venture into opinion .

Back