What are these options for in the 7900 ???

JamesDee

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Lukas 7900 and UPS backup module
I dont really understand what these options actually do ?

Attachments

• CaptureWiz004.jpg
    CaptureWiz004.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 445
looks like GPS data time intervals so you track you trip.

ie. pings your gps position so you plot them in some gps app or google earth.

I guess that is what I don't understand.. As using the Lukas viewer when playing back a trip that was taken, it shows in real time, on the Google map your current GPS position at all times. Hence choosing various times in the viewer preference, has me baffled.. Then again, trying to figure anything out using the manual that comes with the camera, is a chore in itself :)
One thing I know I need to invest in though, is a good quality polarizer, as it does pick up reflections from the windsheild.. Its not all that drastic, but can be improved on via a poloraizer... I found one that is very shallow profile ( a larger profile polarizer, can cause vignetting ), only has the added effect of 1 extra F stop, and is about 88 dollars.. I think I will pick that up next week.

JamesDee said:
I dont really understand what these options actually do ?

I don't think anyone does. You can try experimenting with keys and find that while viewing full screen you can index to the next or last clip using the page up and page down key. You can use the arrow keys to fast forward and back. The enter key will toggle between full screen and standard view. The space bar will play and pause. When you are in standard view you can click on the "Google" name in the information window in the lower GPS map to see where you are in Google Maps.

Yep, I have all the keyboard shortcuts figured out, and all the rest, just that one option I cant figure out and probably never will.. If I email the fellow at Lukas, I am sure I will get the Korean translation in English, which will probably even make less sense :)

JamesDee said:
Yep, I have all the keyboard shortcuts figured out, and all the rest, just that one option I cant figure out and probably never will.. If I email the fellow at Lukas, I am sure I will get the Korean translation in English, which will probably even make less sense :)

You could try. They seem to me willing to help more than any other support group I have ever seen.

Yes, I must say , when I did email them about the fact the new Lukas Viewer which was suppose to be in English, was actually in Korean, he apologized, and had it corrected within one day, so yes, their service is very good, I have to say.

JamesDee said:
Yes, I must say , when I did email them about the fact the new Lukas Viewer which was suppose to be in English, was actually in Korean, he apologized, and had it corrected within one day, so yes, their service is very good, I have to say.

I've tried emailing them but never got one reply so I gave up. Maybe you should ask them for an explanation of exactly what that feature does and how to use it. I am now noticing my time is off by one hour. The new viewer has a clock icon that brings up an indication that the time is correct and an option to save. I did so and noticed there was a new file on the SD but still it gets the time off as before. I'm going to have to figure that one out I guess.

I think those are the sizes of the individual video files. You can set each file length from 1 min to 1 hr.

SSonnentag said:
I think those are the sizes of the individual video files. You can set each file length from 1 min to 1 hr.

I don't think that's it. I've never had a recording longer than 3 minutes. I tried different settings and can't find any file on the SD that shows anything.

Back