What exactly is 'delayed shutdown'?

SpeedBump

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I've been a bit confused with a couple of settings - Auto Power Off and Delayed Shutdown. I think I've figured out Auto Power Off (that's the amount of time it'll keep recording once you switch the car off or the camera loses power, right?).

So what then is 'delayed shutdown'?

Oh - I got it wrong (got that info elsewhere in this forum). Anyway, got it sorted out now. Thanks jokiin!

Delayed shutdown should be how long it records for after power off, auto power off is how long it will stay on if not recording

I have 'Auto Power Off' as a menu option but I do not have 'Delayed Shutdown' as a menu option, do you know why I haven't got this option?

I have 'Auto Power Off' as a menu option but I do not have 'Delayed Shutdown' as a menu option, do you know why I haven't got this option?
Because it doesn't exist. I don't know where people got that idea from. The "delayed shutdown" that the camera has it's those 10 seconds the camera keeps recording after you cut the power off, and it's not menu changeable.

Mind you, it's quite a feature. I've had situations when something happened right after I switched off the ignition and if it wasn't for those "extra" seconds, I wouldn't have captured those moments.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T G1WX 7
Back