g1wh g sensor: what does locked mean exactly?

tolamik

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a g1wh and have enabled the G sensor. Yet I can't see any indication that any files are locked, even when I flick the camera with my finger to simulate an accident. I didn't find an answer in my search, but I did find someone mentioning that even locked files are deleted upon formatting.

So what exactly are these files locked against, and how can I verify that they are locked? If they are just locked against being deleted during loop record, is there a way that I can get a listing of only the locked files in Windows, so I can quickly find where there were incidents?

they should get moved to another folder, would need to be a very sensitive G-Sensor to have it trip from flicking it

Any guidelines for testing the G sensor if a flick doesn't do it?
And is there any way for the car operator to lock a file while driving if flicking doesn't do it?

there will be one key which will lock a file manually, varies by model by you should see some sort of on screen confirmation when it happens so just try pressing the various keys until you work it out, normally buried in the Chinglish manual somewhere also

There's apparently an option if I go into playback mode and then menu down to Protect, but I was hoping for something I could do without taking my eyes off the road.

There should be, start a recording and then start pressing buttons until you work it out I guess

Owners manual for G1w says
In the video recoding mode, press the MODE key, this amount of video can be locked, the screen lock icon appears at the top

you can also test the G Sensor function, by shaking the device.

Back