What is a good ir cam for Ridesharing?

I do see Lawmate has small Pricey DVR's but it is for a 1 channel spy camera. I really dig Blackbox Guard
and they are making their own DVR's and I have to admit I will eventually be a customer because looks like what I am looking for.
Koonlung KS1 is a 2 channel Dvr system I was interested in because so stealthy and inexpensive.

Street guardian will have a dual system with 2 small cameras on a wire some time during the summer, and it will be built with latest ( affordable) hardware allowing for better / higher bitrate.
It will have a main unit to hide too, and the front camera will have the Sony IMX 291 sensor that should 1 up cuttent good low light performers such as the IMX 233 sensor.
It should have footage that can compare to the soon too be released SG9663DC thats also a dual channel but convetional design with main unit on windscreen.

You can see videos of it in its beta stage in its own subforum.
Starting here and in the following posts.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...63dc-dc-dual-channel.28206/page-9#post-329494

The koolung KS1 had some issued as i am aware, and if not it also suffer from the current hardware lack of bitrate for both cameras.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/forums/koonlung.157/

The BBG Pro 4 are only recording in 720p, and people in here will only recommend that over having no camera at all, otherwise we are all 1080p or some cameras that do even higher 2.7K footage ( not really any good 4K dashcams out there at the moment )

Also i suspect it will only support a low bitrate on each camera, like my NVR do for my 4 IP cameras at home in my apartment, just 1 of my cheapo IP cameras can choke the NVR on bitrate as that one camera can offload footage at the max bitrate the NVR can handle, so i have to run a modest bitrate on all 4 cameras i have, and that's alright too as the cameras only capture slow moving events.

Also i think others will have dual cameras on the new hardware coming if not then for the 2017 X-mas sale.

Last edited:
Okay I want to thank everyone that gave me their input. I just went into BestBuy to return a rearview mirror backup camera and since its been past 15 day return I got a in store credit. I have the Thinkware F50 but want to hardwire it in addition I have a Blackvue DR650S-2CH coming soon.
Could I use this hardwiring cable for 2 different types of dash cameras?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B What Should I Buy? 9
Back