What not to do when an ambulance is coming and everyone else pulls over

GregStack

Reaction score
Country
United States
really thought he was going to get hit by the ambulance
dash cam - StreetGuardian SGZC12RC

Last edited:
Was in the R lane at red traffic lights when I heard an Ambo siren but had no idea where it was coming from.
Light changed to green and then saw the Ambo coming from the left ... I stayed put ... only the idiot coming up fast in the large 4WD behind me
decided to suddenly swing over into the empty left lane and head straight through just missing the Ambo.
Lucky Ambo drivers allow for DHeads on the road oblivious to what's going on. (y)

Failing to yield for an emergency vehicle with lights and siren operating should result in a mandatory jail sentence. Even a small delay for them could result in someone dying who could have been saved had they arrived sooner. If it's me needing an ambulance I sure don't want there to be any delays!

Phil

At least he did finally pull over. I was a volunteer fireman for a year and some people wouldn't get over at all when we were behind them. It would never happen but I know that the driver would have loved to just push some of them off the road. :devilish:

One of those people whos life are one big overtaking, i see those people a lot.

Overtaking are a option you have in traffic, it is not a human right, and there are some rules to it.

Other than emergency vehicle related, those who overtake using the shoulder piss me off the most.

Back