what's a good dashcam micro SD card video player on IPhone or home computer?

smithdean

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I have the Voifo dashcam in my car for few years. How do I easily access the videos? If I quickly want to view the recorded clips or show to LEO from my IPhone or stick it to my home PC later to view and email to someone, what's the best tool for this?

Need a portable one that will work. Thanks

So I have the Voifo dashcam in my car for few years.
Which model?
Does it have wifi? I would use the Viofo Phone App if it does...

stick it to my home PC later to view

2 free programs for your computer.

VLC (link to windows 64 bit version)

Dashcam Viewer Free ver ( limit to read 2 video files but does also display gps info and location )
email to someone

In most email systems the limit of the file size is limited. eg

You can send up to 25 MB in attachments. If you have more than one attachment, they can't add up to more than 25 MB.
If your file is greater than 25 MB, Gmail automatically adds a Google Drive link in the email instead of including it as an attachment.

For the iPhone, I use the adapter below. This has the lightning connector.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B07YDNSZQ3
If you have a newer iPhone with a USB-C port, then this adapter should work.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B0CN13ZDYQ
For your PC, any decent USB card reader should work fine.

there is a video on youtube posted like 6 months ago saying wiht the newer IOS update, the micro usb erader won't work on iphone any more and he showed a way around with a flash dirve or something which I didn't understand.
are you sure these micro SD card reader will work on the latets and newer ios iphones?

Which model?
Does it have wifi? I would use the Viofo Phone App if it does...
yes via the viofo app, but it is not reliable. mine is the one that was released like 6 years ago, the duo. 1080p version. i want like to get easy access to micro sd dashcam videos in case i have to show to cops or send to someone easily and fast from my iphone or PC

2 free programs for your computer.

VLC (link to windows 64 bit version)

Dashcam Viewer Free ver ( limit to read 2 video files but does also display gps info and location )

In most email systems the limit of the file size is limited. eg

You can send up to 25 MB in attachments. If you have more than one attachment, they can't add up to more than 25 MB.
If your file is greater than 25 MB, Gmail automatically adds a Google Drive link in the email instead of including it as an attachment.
Sorry I didn't know what the link is for . what does it do?

there is a video on youtube posted like 6 months ago saying wiht the newer IOS update, the micro usb erader won't work on iphone any more and he showed a way around with a flash dirve or something which I didn't understand.
are you sure these micro SD card reader will work on the latets and newer ios iphones?
The lightning port adapter works on my iPhone 13, used it the other day. Have not tried the USB-C adapter.

Sorry I didn't know what the link is for . what does it do?

The links will take you to the web sites of the programs I suggested.

I put them in to help you find the programs if you decided to use them.

First thing to ask, is it an Apple sold product. If no then you take your chances.

Latest iOS on iPhone 12+ worked fine.

In fact multiple times over the week without a problem.

Back