What's a popular choice for people in Los Angeles? What should I buy?

Aaron Shin

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi guys,

This is my first post.

I'm in the market for my first dashcam. Is anyone in Los Angeles area? I heard the hot weather makes the dashcam malfunction during the summer. Is that true?

Any recommendation on something under $100? I think I can do the installation myself.

Thank you so much!

Thank you Gabacho.

Do you know if Mobius is high heat resistance? I park my car outside all the time. It gets SUPER hot.

Any choice with a motion detector?

Thank you Gabacho.

Do you know if Mobius is high heat resistance? I park my car outside all the time. It gets SUPER hot.

Any choice with a motion detector?
I do not know about the motion detector. My car has been subjected to what I would consider extremely hot and humid temperatures this year. My Mobius C2 has never failed to perform perfectly for me. I believe some had a focus problem with the wide angle C lens though. The C2 is the latest version of the Mobius. Outstanding camera, and for the price, no competition in my opinion.

You must offcourse outfit the mobius with the additional capasitor kit in stead of the lipo battery, no biggy to change, unscrew 2 screws, take lid off, unplug battery, plug in capasitors, put lid back on and tighten the 2 screws again.

The mobius is not the best performer on really dark backroads, to get that you will have to pay more i think.
But if you drive in and around the greater LA area i think you will be just fine, compared to Danish towns LA a flood of ambient light at night.

No matter what you pay be assured no dashcam will capture licenceplates at night on cars pasing by or parked in the street, thats just the limit of current tech used in dashcams.

I have been using a mobius in the back of my car for a good while, and i have nothing negative to say about it.

There is plenty of demo footage on youtube captured with the mobius.

a lot of the panorama cameras have super capacitors (high heat resistance) and have excellent motion detection with pre-buffered recording.

For around $100, a Matego MG380G would fit your needs pretty well. Good motion detection, excellent heat resistance.

True, also has the rear cam and it has a very good parking mode as well.

Back