whats better? A229 Pro or A139 Pro

wozzzzza

Reaction score
Country
Australia
looking for another dashcam with 3 cameras, whats better? the A229 Pro with extra camera or A139 Pro with 3 cameras?

Start another thread like your last one;

This time call it;
A339 Pro, when?

why? not interested in that, need to know what available NOW not next year.
I predict we’ll have a new 4K flagship from Viofo in 60 days.
Here’s my “now” pick;

Sorry for being annoying.
-Chuck

For sure not, not enough time to release a new model!

I recommend A229 Pro, you don't need to wait for the next Viofo flagship because it can not add nothing really important, or something shocking. Right now I would buy the 1CH version of A229 Pro and I will wait for secondary cameras additions.

really???
My Magic 8 Ball says on June 15 the new 4K flagship will be a box version, (separate cameras & processor).
At the same time it says the A139 Pro will be upgraded with the same processor as the A229 Pro, A229 Pro rear & interior cameras, and all of its image quality improvements for the folks who prefer a screenless dash cam.
And waterproof & telescopic remote cameras.
It also says Viofo will release fully developed hardware while still working on the firmware.
It also says people will still buy it in the “unfinished” state because Viofo will offer “pre-orders” with a free item like a 512GB Viofo brand SD Card.
My Magic 8 Ball just said I can verify these predictions with my Ouiji board. lol

My Magic 8 Ball says on June 15 the new 4K flagship will be a box version, (separate cameras & processor).
At the same time it says the A139 Pro will be upgraded with the same processor as the A229 Pro, A229 Pro rear & interior cameras, and all of its image quality improvements for the folks who prefer a screenless dash cam.
And waterproof & telescopic remote cameras.
It also says Viofo will release fully developed hardware while still working on the firmware.
It also says people will still buy it in the “unfinished” state because Viofo will offer “pre-orders” with a free item like a 512GB Viofo brand SD Card.
My Magic 8 Ball just said I can verify these predictions with my Ouiji board. lol
I think it is time to replace your magic 8 ball :ROFLMAO:

This time call it;
A339 Pro, when?
That can't be right, you can't have a Pro version before you have a non-Pro version :unsure:

This isn't helping to answer the question!

looking for another dashcam with 3 cameras, whats better? the A229 Pro with extra camera or A139 Pro with 3 cameras?
There seems to be some disagreement on this, but if you are actually going to use all 3 channels, then you will get better bitrate from the A229 Pro, plus you get good HDR on the rear and cabin cameras, which you don't get on the A139 Pro, so I would go for the A229 Pro.

thanks 229 pro it is. what happened tot he a229 plus?? is this a step down from the a229 pro with an extra camera??

thanks 229 pro it is. what happened tot he a229 plus?? is this a step down from the a229 pro with an extra camera??
Nothing wrong with the A229 Plus, it is 2K instead of 4K front resolution, so it depends on how far you want to be able to see. For USA I recommend the 4K because of tiny writing on their plates, and I think Oz has some difficult to read plates too, so the Pro is better, but if you are happy with 2K front then the Plus is fine. (Might be better for high heat!)

they are on damn back order. how long is the wait any one know???

I think it is time to replace your magic 8 ball :ROFLMAO:
My Magic 8 Ball is calibrated annually by Zoltar The Great.

what happened tot he a229 plus?? is this a step down from the a229 pro with an extra camera??
The A229 Plus night time HDR performance is “unacceptable” with current firmware V1.2_240227 and needs to be fixed with an update.

extra camera??
What do you mean by “extra” camera?
The A229 Pro & A229 Plus both come with identical Rear & IR Interior cameras.

The A229 Pro come with identical Rear & IR Interior cameras.
so when i order a A229 PRO it comes with the rear camera and interior camera?? listing does not mention this, says optional????

so when i order a A229 PRO it comes with the rear camera and interior camera?? listing does not mention this, says optional????
Depends which version, there are 1ch, 2ch, 3channel versions.

If you are looking at an Australian site, maybe check viofo.com so that you can see the full selection.

I recommend the A229 Pro 3-CH because it’s only $20 more.
If you decide to add the IR Interior camera ala cart it costs $70.

Here’s a promo code for 5% off;
Exp 6/30/24: PANZERA229P ($285)

Screenshot 2024-04-15 4.36.56 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-04-15 4.39.22 AM.png

interior camera?
If you don’t want the IR Interior camera looking you in the face, you can mount it on the rear window with the optional 6 Meter cable.
It will be wide enough to look out the side windows for merging, traffic stops, and parking mode applications;

Screenshot 2024-04-15 4.47.30 AM.png

It will look just like this;

Also don't for the official "new" CPL Filter for the rear camera;

Screenshot 2024-04-15 4.57.24 AM.png

$9 cheaper on Australian website.

and i prefer the camera to be looking in my face incase a cop tries to do me for using mobile phone while driving when i was actually scratching myself. 100% proof.

Back