what's chinese name for mobius?

exxon93

Reaction score
Country
United States
I searched mobius on chinese ebay "taobao" but didn't see any, isn't mobius a chinese company?

Their business strategy is weird not selling there..

Don't think it would sell well in the local market so can't really see anything they're missing out on by not being there

care to share why?:) the mini 0801(aka 169), which is very similar to mobius is sold very well in China.

They're nothing alike, what's it matter anyway, they're readily available through existing channels so don't see what they're missing out on

They're nothing alike, what's it matter anyway, they're readily available through existing channels so don't see what they're missing out on
JMO, but I can imagine there could be a problem if officials decided the camera could be used as a spy cam. Better be safe than sorry.

Nothing on Taobao, even no copies of it ;) , which leads to conclusion that probably this type of dash-cam design is not acceptable for local market.
If selling original Mobisu,- they would need full Chinese GUI to be translated from English + always updated etc. Too much trouble.

Hahaaa, I know what went "wrong" with my searches. I always have my taobao search set on "tachograph" word, but because Mobius is not listed as "tachograph", there for I missed it.
Thanks for "opening my eyes" ;)

First time seeing it, kinda surprise for me. Few times per week I check new models on Taobao for the last year and never saw it, however there have been report on eBay having some copies, or something ?

From what @Isoprop has said if its not from one of the listed sellers then its a fake, I'd be wary about buying this from Taobao I would think

The mini 0801 and mobius are both very small and discrete, that's why I think they are similar. If mini 0801 can be sold and sold very well in China, how could mobius be banned? Just can't figure out why a chinese company is not selling its products in china. Does the company have a website at all?

Don't see it being banned, don't really see that it suits the local market though so don't know that it's a big deal anyway

why doesn't it suit the local market? :confused:

it's primarily an R/C product, there may be a market but in percentage terms it's not big, as a dashcam it's not that appealing to the local market where gaudy looking designs with useless IR or LED lights are the preference, if you're not in China I don't see the issue anyway as there are plenty of places to buy it from at very similar pricing

Back